Help, new build won't start

Jukkis

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2006
Just finished a new build {Gigabyte GA-P35C-DS3R, Intel Q6600 (Stock cooler), Corsair TWIN2X2048-6400 G, Sapphire X1950 Pro 256Mb PCIe, Thermaltake Toughpower 750W, Antec P182 and a 320 WD hard drive} I plugged ewerything in, pressed the start button, all the fanns spinn up (3 case fanns, GPU fan and the CPU cooler fan) and a small led in the front turns on, but the screen remains blank (no connection) :(

I tried with only one ram stick in all ddr2 slotts, but it didn't work.

any help is much appreciated :)

Surferosa

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2006
Do the fans continue spinning, or do they stop spinning?

Have you plugged the 4-pin atx power into the motherboad as well as the 24-pin?

Do you have a speaker attachment for the motherboard- can you get a beep codes (ie what 'beeps' does the mobo make on startup?

Jukkis

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2006
They continue to spinn untill I close the comp.
Yes both power cords are plugged to the mobo.
I don't get any beeps threw the speakers.

Surferosa

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2006

You 'threw' the speakers :sarcastic: Can you get some- should cost about £1 and the beep codes will tell you what the problem is likely to be (at the very least it will rule out what its not)

It could be anything really- my only suggestion apart from ^ is to swap out alternative pieces of kit- if you have em.

Jukkis

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2006
Ahh sorry mate, wrong choise of words :ange: Should have said; nothing comes out of the speakers. I'll start with swapping the GPU, fingers crossed ;)

Surferosa

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2006
You should get a small internal speaker with the mobo if your lucky- but you need to plug it on the motherboard. It is a two-pin device: there usually about an inch long- can't find a bloomin picture of one. Anyway- plug that in and the 'beep' codes it gives you will usually tell you whats up (if you are usuing a computer that 'beeps' at start up- it has one. Open it up and look for it). They usually plug in to the same place as your front panel connectors.

Jukkis

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2006
Found the problem, I hadn't connected the PSU cord that gives power to the CPU correctly :whistle:

cheers for the help anyway :)