  • Sony
  • Home Theatre
Last response: in Home Theatre
March 29, 2005 1:47:42 PM

Does anyone know how well this tv supports 720P?

More about : sony kp51ws520 inch rptv

March 30, 2005 2:26:03 PM

I hope you can find a user. I was at a meeting with some reps of CEA
and I asked how the TV receivers would handle the various formats. They
said that each receiver would have its own native format and that the
signal would be converted to it. Hello! Some $1.98 piece of silicon is
going to degrade and distort a signal that was created by an encoder
costing over $50K. Boy does that make me want to run out and buy.
Please note that nowhere in anyone's product lit do they tell you what
the receiver's native format is.