Sign in with
Your question

Video surveillance!!! Urgent!!

Last response: in Applications
March 29, 2012 8:32:52 AM

need a hint - what video surveillance is best and why you think so. and please-please-PLEASE don't send me to google the questions - I know what search engines are, just need a human point of view. Hope this is ok and no one is hurt. Thank you!
March 29, 2012 11:28:06 AM

onlineG said:
need a hint - what video surveillance is best and why you think so. and please-please-PLEASE don't send me to google the questions - I know what search engines are, just need a human point of view. Hope this is ok and no one is hurt. Thank you!

Hi in my personal experiences ip cams are very good easy to use and setup, they are also very cheep.
m
l
March 29, 2012 11:29:54 AM

My parents own a website with allot of webcams in local towns and we use a range but ip have been the most reliable and they can be wireless witch is a thumbs up!

It wouldn't let me edit my post so i posted this...
m
l
Related resources
March 30, 2012 11:17:22 AM

onlineG said:

well I can only say based on my experience, I have not tried lots of software because after a few attempts I found what I searched for. I tend to use new releases because major brands usually make you pay up to 50% not for features but just for name if you know what I mean. Smaller companies are not so greedy but they have to keep up if they want to survive so the quality is equal. Don't know if they allow to post links here, I'm a freshman here but I advice you to check out free video surveillance software called Xeoma, the site is as follows xeoma.com. In my opinion it is great software. Of course the choice may vary depending on what EXACTLY you need but you asked for a human point of view and I replied :) 
m
l
August 1, 2013 10:41:34 AM

I am about to create my first video surveillance system. Already have read lots of information online, but really need an advice on the software. As I found out, best and most popular are: ZoneMinder, Xeoma, iSpy, Axxon…What would you recommend better?
m
l
August 2, 2013 11:15:07 PM

Coolest software ( in this category) I was to use in a while. I really enjoy its great and rather unexpected for such kind of program software user interface. But have to say it is nice and all is so well and logically organized. You hardly need any manual to get familiar with Xeoma. I find it also handy for tablets.
m
l
August 5, 2013 2:06:43 PM

What is your budget?
I have foscam (paid under $80) IP camera and it works fine. Quality is not that good (640x480 max) but it's wireless (must be set up via wired ethernet first though). It can FTP, alarm, schedule and use dynamic dns. You can even remotely move the camera (rotate and tilt) but not zoom. Some models have Power over Ethernet, but mine does not... also it's indoor only. Supposedly two-way audio but I never bothered to try/test. Foscam.
m
l
August 25, 2013 4:05:03 PM

Yep, I’ll agree about the IP cams. The best choice nowadays. As for the software my recommendation is Xeoma. (you can easily find their website).
m
l
September 18, 2013 6:08:35 AM

One of the main criterions for my ideal video surveillance software was simplicity of installation and use. Xeoma doesn’t require installation at all (but, of course, if you need the program to run automatically, you should install it) and is so user-friendly. I mostly use my tablet to access the system remotely, and Xeoma visual interface is just perfect for a touch screen!
m
l
!