Sign in with
Your question

Merging two partitions

Last response: in Storage
December 2, 2007 12:31:43 AM

I have an XP partition and a Vista partition. I don't want the XP partition, as it isn't activated, and I don't need it. The Vista is C:, and XP D:. Is there a way to eliminate/merge the two partitions so that I retain the Vista information without the XP. I have the Vista partition cloned on my external at the moment, but I would like to do so without wiping it fully, if possible.

More about : merging partitions

December 2, 2007 1:04:43 AM

nukchebi0 said:
I have an XP partition and a Vista partition. I don't want the XP partition, as it isn't activated, and I don't need it. The Vista is C:, and XP D:. Is there a way to eliminate/merge the two partitions so that I retain the Vista information without the XP. I have the Vista partition cloned on my external at the moment, but I would like to do so without wiping it fully, if possible.

I know how with XP but not Vista. But it can cause problems. You can always just format the one partition. But you want to merge them into one.

I would say wipe the drive and then mirror/copy the clone drive to your main drive.
a c 372 G Storage
September 1, 2011 11:48:43 AM

You can do this with disk management built into windows. Go into disk management and delete partition D. Now right click on partition C and click "extend volume". This will only work if the D partition shows up to the right of the C partition.

http://www.vistarewired.com/2007/02/16/how-to-resize-a-...
!