Hows creative speaker systems nowdays ?

sirkillalot

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2006
I forgot to upgrade my boston speaker systems (when i upgraded my computer) since only 2 speakers work i was looking at creative to go with my audigy ex plat 2 . I dont see any reason to update the sound card since it works well but being big on games is it worth while to get a 7.1 or is a 5.1 system good enough?
thanks.

red_devil

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2006
Creative Systems are very good. But personally, I prefer Logitech systems, I think they have better Bass and are better to my ears.But that's all personal.

Go for the one u like, it's not easy to hear the differences between them.

If u r big on games, i suggest u get the lowest end X-Fi chip, EAX effects are way better than software sound and really give me the edge, especially in FPS games (BF2142, CS:S) cuz i can hear exactly where the shots are coming from. I don't know if ur card has EAX feature but if it does, then there is no reason to upgrade.

Get 5.1 speakers, u will appreciate it cuz u will enjoy music, games, and movies much better this way. IMO 7.1 are a waste of money

- Hope this helps.

rammedstein

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2006
the best computer speakers i have ever heard of are the logitech z - 5500s they aren't uber expensive, they sound great and if you ahve a 30" lcd like me, they go great for home theater on the side too.