desktop blank

i know i dont have a virus,because i have the best software-microsoft
antispyware but i restart the computer and it dont take long before it goes
blank ,no desktop no nothing,no mouse ,unable to check for problem. please
tell me before my hair falls off thank you Lashortee

Malke

Lashortee wrote:

> i know i dont have a virus,because i have the best software-microsoft
> antispyware but i restart the computer and it dont take long before it
> goes
> blank ,no desktop no nothing,no mouse ,unable to check for problem.
> please
> tell me before my hair falls off thank you Lashortee

MS Antispyware is not an antivirus program. What antivirus program do
you have installed? Name, version, and whether the definitions are
current please.

Malke
--
MS-MVP Windows User/Shell
Elephant Boy Computers

Malke wrote:
> Lashortee wrote:
>
>> i know i dont have a virus,because i have the best software-microsoft
>> antispyware but i restart the computer and it dont take long before
>> it goes
>> blank ,no desktop no nothing,no mouse ,unable to check for problem.
>> please
>> tell me before my hair falls off thank you Lashortee
>
> MS Antispyware is not an antivirus program. What antivirus program do
> you have installed? Name, version, and whether the definitions are
> current please.
>
> Malke

Malke - you serious?! He hasn't got one because he believes ASW does it for
him!

map

Lashortee wrote:
> i know i dont have a virus,because i have the best software-microsoft
> antispyware but i restart the computer and it dont take long before
> it goes blank ,no desktop no nothing,no mouse ,unable to check for
> problem. please tell me before my hair falls off thank you
> Lashortee

Run an online virus scan and post back with the results.
A link for free online virus and trojan scanners.
http://virusall.com/downscan.html
--
Mike Pawlak

map

Lashortee wrote:
> i know i dont have a virus,because i have the best software-microsoft
> antispyware but i restart the computer and it dont take long before
> it goes blank ,no desktop no nothing,no mouse ,unable to check for
> problem. please tell me before my hair falls off thank you
> Lashortee

When explorer.exe crashes (Not internet explorer)your desktop will go
blank,have you tried rebooting?

--
Mike Pawlak

In news:02987F92-A944-4380-B994-2578A04713F0@microsoft.com,
Lashortee <Lashortee@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:

> i know i dont have a virus,because i have the best
> software-microsoft
> antispyware but i restart the computer and it dont take long
> before
> it goes blank ,no desktop no nothing,no mouse ,unable to check
> for
> problem. please tell me before my hair falls off thank you
> Lashortee

Microsoft antispyware protects against spyware, and does nothing
to protect you against viruses. If you are relying on that alone,
it's highly probable that you *do* have a virus.

You need three kinds of software to protect you these days:

1. A firewall

2. An anti-virus program

3. Several (at least two) anti-spyware programs. No single
program does a good-enough job. I recommend that you also run
Spyware Blaster, Spybot Search and Destroy, and Ad-aware.

Also note that ant-virus and anti-spyware programs are only as
good as their definition files. It's not sufficient to run these;
you also have to update them regularly.

Please reply to the newsgroup