Not valid a win32 application

loveryan66

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2010
hi i have been installed by windows xp sp3 after intallation all program work after i have reboot a dialog box appear that says explorer exe is not a valid win32 application and some of program was like this and windows file protection always appear

saran008

Distinguished
Just bring up the task manager, Then click on the applications tab next to the processes tab. After that ,click on new task in the lower right corner and type
sfc /scannow and click ok. This will start the file protection process , which may take a while ,but it will be more then worth your time. Once it's done , it will ask you to insert the installation disk of your operating system , but don't worry if you don't have it , you don't really need to. Just click cancel when asked about the installation disk, and don't worry if it asks you about it again , it's weird like that. Then just bring up windows task manager if it isn't open already, and click on shutdown , and from there click on restart in the list it brings up. Glad I was able to help you, and good luck! Let me know if there's anything you don't understand.

saran008

Distinguished
Go to the link below and scroll down to line 12 (left column) and click on "EXE (lnk and regfile) Fix for Windows XP" to download a reg file fix. Save the REG File to your hard disk. Double click it and answer yes to the import prompt.

http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm

If you can't access the Internet use another computer to download it onto a floppy or CD and transfer it to the problem computer. If you can't run the file do the following:

Press CTRL-ALT-DEL and open Task Manager. Once there, click File, then hold down the CTRL key and click New Task (Run). This will open a Command Prompt window. Enter REGEDIT.EXE and press Enter. Once regedit is open click File>Import and locate that reg file fix, hilite it and click Open.