8800GTX Overclocking in Vista

phreejak

Distinguished
May 11, 2006
Here's the deal:

I've installed my 8800 GTX and related software (NVTweak, NVtray) with an idea of being able to access the o'clocking features through the Nvidia Control Panel. However, for the life of me I am unable to find these features, even when I've enabled them through the coolbits portion of NVTweak. Of course, I really have no idea what I am doing here as I spend most of my time dealing with water cooling and TEC cooling and have never really bothered to brush up on my o'clocking in the video card area.

So, help a brother out and help me find a way to access these features.

I'm not in Vista so I don't know what your control panel looks like, but in XP it looks like this:
SS.jpg

Post a screenshot of the control panel if you could.

bosshoss

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2004
I may be completely wrong so take this with a grain of salt. But I had a similar problem in Vista with Rivatuner due to the NVStrap driver not being able to work with Vista. After a little Google time I came to the conclusion that the NVStrap driver does NOT work with Vista, and currently there is no workaround.

(This is a post on another board that referenced the problem I was having as well as yourself.)
http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?threadid=184570

fletch420

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2007
oddly enough the only program that I have found that works is ATItool......check it out....my 8800-640 has hit higher tahn ultra numbers...but turned back down as no need for the speed atm as these cards are wating whats out there at the moment and it is still summer here...too hot....enjoy

phreejak

Distinguished
May 11, 2006
On this issue I have actually been able to get to these features once before (In Vista) but I cannot remember how. The GUI for the Vista version of the Nvidia Control Panel is different from the one that you get in XP.

I tried installing Ntune but during installation it said that it only worked with Nforce boards and my IP35 PRO is not one of them.