LG TV

Last response: in Home Theatre
March 30, 2005 1:49:17 AM

I've been considering purchase of a 52" DLP HD LG tv. But, I don't know
much about the reputation of LG. I'd surely be interested in experiences
with quality and service of LG products.

Thanks very much.

More about : question

Anonymous
March 30, 2005 7:07:42 AM

"Cox SMTP east" <jbennett11@cox.net> wrote:
> I've been considering purchase of a 52" DLP HD LG tv. But, I don't know
> much about the reputation of LG. I'd surely be interested in experiences
> with quality and service of LG products.
>
> Thanks very much.

They make an excellent Directv hd receiver.
Chip

Usenet Newsgroup Service $9.95/Month 30GB
March 30, 2005 7:07:43 AM

LG is Zenith is it not.?

--
Take Care and
Ride Safe

<cjdaytonjrnospam@cox.net> wrote in message
> "Cox SMTP east" <jbennett11@cox.net> wrote:
> > I've been considering purchase of a 52" DLP HD LG tv. But, I don't know
> > much about the reputation of LG. I'd surely be interested in
experiences
> > with quality and service of LG products.
> >
> > Thanks very much.
>
> They make an excellent Directv hd receiver.
> Chip

March 30, 2005 7:07:43 AM

we are a computer reseller and sell alot of their 17" flat panels, not alot
of warranty work, the one or two we had to send out were replaced with new
units

<cjdaytonjrnospam@cox.net> wrote in message
> "Cox SMTP east" <jbennett11@cox.net> wrote:
>> I've been considering purchase of a 52" DLP HD LG tv. But, I don't know
>> much about the reputation of LG. I'd surely be interested in experiences
>> with quality and service of LG products.
>>
>> Thanks very much.
>
> They make an excellent Directv hd receiver.
> Chip

March 30, 2005 8:15:13 AM

Tecumseh wrote:
> LG is Zenith is it not.?

no
Anonymous
March 30, 2005 8:15:14 AM

Alex Perez wrote:
> Tecumseh wrote:
>
>> LG is Zenith is it not.?
>>

> no

Not quite correct. The Zenith name is owned by LG and Zenith TVs are
made by LG. LG used to be sold in the US under the Lucky Goldstar brand
which were typically the real low end cheap stuff. LG has been
re-inventing themselves - in the US market anyway - as a better quality
brand name to compete with the Japanese brands. LG consumer electronics
are much improved over the Lucky Goldstar days, but I have not see
much info on their reliability.

Alan F
Anonymous
March 30, 2005 8:21:38 AM

"Tecumseh" <tecumsehcanada@rogers.com> wrote:
> LG is Zenith is it not.?

Zenith is made by LG.
Chip

Usenet Newsgroup Service $9.95/Month 30GB
Anonymous
March 30, 2005 11:21:07 AM

L/G is the one time Gold Star of K-Mart Fame. IMHO: unless major changes
have been made, it is still Gold Star quality.
> "Tecumseh" <tecumsehcanada@rogers.com> wrote:
>> LG is Zenith is it not.?
>>
> Zenith is made by LG.
> Chip

March 30, 2005 12:22:12 PM

"Art" <plotsligt@comcast.net> wrote in message
> L/G is the one time Gold Star of K-Mart Fame. IMHO: unless major changes
> have been made, it is still Gold Star quality.

We don't sell any Zenith or LG product. We do service some. It appears to
me that over the years since LG acquired Zenith, the products have improved
considerably. Another local servicer that is an old Zenith dealer and the
local ASC for the product tells us that in recent years the quality has been
much better than the stuff that gave Zenith a bad name.

Also, Art, you might pay attention to how you post. While I personally
prefer top posting, your last post mixed top posting with the previously
bottom posted message. This is the worst case, and no one appreciates that
kind of mess. This group seems to prefer bottom posting, so I do so here.
Regardless, if you choose to alter the posting style of a thread, trim all
but the last post.

Leonard
March 30, 2005 11:54:10 PM

"Alan Figgatt" <afiggatt@comcast.net> wrote in message
> Alex Perez wrote:
> > Tecumseh wrote:
> >
> >> LG is Zenith is it not.?
> >>

> > no
>
> Not quite correct. The Zenith name is owned by LG and Zenith TVs are
> made by LG. LG used to be sold in the US under the Lucky Goldstar brand
> which were typically the real low end cheap stuff. LG has been
> re-inventing themselves - in the US market anyway - as a better quality
> brand name to compete with the Japanese brands. LG consumer electronics
> are much improved over the Lucky Goldstar days, but I have not see
> much info on their reliability.
>
> Alan F

Thanks for the info....much better than "no" from the knob!
Anonymous
April 2, 2005 8:01:47 PM

Gee they ripped off a bunch of consumers in Canada selling them DLP sets
with HD2 chips instead of HD2+ chips then when they were caught they said it
was an "honest" mistake.

I wouldn't go near their product if you payed me!
Anonymous
April 3, 2005 7:59:01 PM

"xm4243" <xm4243 at hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:o N6dnbluTr_mmtLfRVn-hg@rogers.com...

> Gee they ripped off a bunch of consumers in Canada selling them DLP sets
> with HD2 chips instead of HD2+ chips then when they were caught they said
> it was an "honest" mistake.
>
> I wouldn't go near their product if you payed me!

Thanks for the responses.
Anonymous
April 5, 2005 6:44:37 PM

"xm4243" <xm4243 at hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:o N6dnbluTr_mmtLfRVn-hg@rogers.com...

> Gee they ripped off a bunch of consumers in Canada selling them DLP sets
> with HD2 chips instead of HD2+ chips then when they were caught they said
> it was an "honest" mistake.
>
> I wouldn't go near their product if you payed me!

does this also apply to the 44" dlp LG makes for Toshiba? it is advertised
on Toshiba's site that it is a hd2+ chipset.

in fairness, LG has made good to the consumers who bought the sets under the
impression that they were really hd2+.
Anonymous
April 6, 2005 9:56:18 AM

IMHO: It still congers up the image of the "K_Mart Gold Star Quality". Maybe
Apex or Broksonic equal that quality currently.
news:D 2v0s6$p4c$1@gnus01.u.washington.edu...

!