Sign in with
Your question

U how unlock dell d630

Last response: in Windows Vista
December 20, 2010 7:53:19 PM

Hello, bought a dell e5400 @ flea market. after i cut it off and restarted it, it was locked. how do i unlock

More about : unlock dell d630

December 20, 2010 9:03:04 PM

So I am a little confused. Did you buy a Dell D630 or a Dell E5400? If you bought a Dell D630 then the steps below will show you how to unlock a Dell Latitude D630 Administrator Password.

1. Press your "Windows" key and your "R" key on your keyboard simultaneously. Type "cmd" (without quotes) in the field that appears. Press your "Enter" key.

2. Type "net user administrator /active:yes" (without quotes) in the command window and hit your "Enter" key on your keyboard. Close the window and restart your computer.

3. Log in as the administrator by typing "administrator" (without quotes) in the login field that appears. Type the administrator account password and hit your "Enter" key on your keyboard.

I hope this helps!

Brett M,
Windows Outreach Team
a b 8 Security
January 4, 2011 7:57:41 PM

3. Log in as the administrator by typing "administrator" (without quotes) in the login field that appears. Type the administrator account password and hit your "Enter" key on your keyboard.
^
try that first.

you can always re-format the HDD and then clean install of an OS..
a b 8 Security
January 5, 2011 12:43:03 AM

sounds a little fishy to me?
!