Win XP & Firefox

July 5, 2005 2:17:56 PM

HI,
I am running Windows XP Pro and have a Logitech cordless keyboard. On
the keyboard i have the search button set to open my default browser,
which is what it used to do when the default was IE. Since changing the
default to Firefox it will no longer open it up. I would apreciate any
idears as to the problem.Thanks

More about : win firefox

Anonymous
July 5, 2005 2:17:57 PM

The manual that came with the keyboard explains how to change the location
of the programs that each key is associated with.

Bobby

"David Middleton" <dave@microcomcomputers.co.uk> wrote in message
> HI,
> I am running Windows XP Pro and have a Logitech cordless keyboard. On
> the keyboard i have the search button set to open my default browser,
> which is what it used to do when the default was IE. Since changing the
> default to Firefox it will no longer open it up. I would apreciate any
> idears as to the problem.Thanks
Anonymous
July 5, 2005 2:17:57 PM

There are several different settings for the default browser. Unfortunately,
I lost the links when my backup hard drive crashed. There's several tools
for this listed on the http://www.mozilla.org support forums. A little
creative searching will bring them up.

"David Middleton" wrote:

> HI,
> I am running Windows XP Pro and have a Logitech cordless keyboard. On
> the keyboard i have the search button set to open my default browser,
> which is what it used to do when the default was IE. Since changing the
> default to Firefox it will no longer open it up. I would apreciate any
> idears as to the problem.Thanks

July 5, 2005 3:10:34 PM

On Tue, 5 Jul 2005 00:36:41 -1000, "NoNoBadDog!" <no_@spam_verizon.net>
wrote:

>The manual that came with the keyboard explains how to change the location
>of the programs that each key is associated with.
HI,
I understand that, i can set it for IE and press the button and it will
load. However when i set it back to Firefox it will not load.
July 5, 2005 3:10:35 PM

David Middleton wrote:
> On Tue, 5 Jul 2005 00:36:41 -1000, "NoNoBadDog!"
> <no_@spam_verizon.net> wrote:
>
>> The manual that came with the keyboard explains how to change the
>> location of the programs that each key is associated with.
> HI,
> I understand that, i can set it for IE and press the button and it
> will load. However when i set it back to Firefox it will not load.

You meed to set the pathway your keyboard is looking for,something like
"C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
On your system the pathway may be different.
--
Mike Pawlak
Anonymous

> On Tue, 5 Jul 2005 00:36:41 -1000, "NoNoBadDog!" <no_@spam_verizon.net>
> wrote:
>
>>The manual that came with the keyboard explains how to change the location
>>of the programs that each key is associated with.
> HI,
> I understand that, i can set it for IE and press the button and it will
> load. However when i set it back to Firefox it will not load.

How have you changed the default browser? You need to use the Logitech
software that came with the keyboard and set the shortcut to the button to
Firefox.
Anonymous
July 5, 2005 4:54:58 PM

On Tue, 5 Jul 2005 08:47:24 -0400, "Peter A. Stavrakoglou"
<ntotrr@optonline.net> wrote:

>How have you changed the default browser? You need to use the Logitech
>software that came with the keyboard and set the shortcut to the button to
>Firefox
Hi,
That is exactly what i have done. However when i press the button
Firefox will not load.
Anonymous
July 5, 2005 7:02:23 PM

"David Middleton" <dave@nothink.co.uk> wrote in message
> On Tue, 5 Jul 2005 08:47:24 -0400, "Peter A. Stavrakoglou"
> <ntotrr@optonline.net> wrote:
>
>>How have you changed the default browser? You need to use the Logitech
>>software that came with the keyboard and set the shortcut to the button to
>>Firefox
> Hi,
> That is exactly what i have done. However when i press the button
> Firefox will not load.

Strange. I also have a Logitech cordless keyboard. I use Maxthon as my
browser and my shortcut button on the keyboard opens it up.
!