Reinstall

I began having trouble with Vista and decided to just do a complete reinstall to fix everything. However I am running into trouble when reinstalling. After I get everything reinstalled the system reboots on its own and then the recovery manager comes on and dumps everything back to factory condition I have tried it at least 6 times now but every time I get to this screen no matter what I do, everything back to factory condition. I've done a few reinstalls of Vista before but have never had a problem. Is there a fix or work around for this?

I appreciate any and all help! Thanks
2 answers Last reply
More about reinstall
  1. michael3988 said:
    I began having trouble with Vista and decided to just do a complete reinstall to fix everything. However I am running into trouble when reinstalling. After I get everything reinstalled the system reboots on its own and then the recovery manager comes on and dumps everything back to factory condition I have tried it at least 6 times now but every time I get to this screen no matter what I do, everything back to factory condition. I've done a few reinstalls of Vista before but have never had a problem. Is there a fix or work around for this?

I appreciate any and all help! Thanks

Hi michael3988,

Have you check your Hard Drive ?
    may be your Hard Drive having Some Bad Sectors and because of your facing this problem . and you should also try with another Installation CD.

may be it will Help you......
  2. When you say it goes back to factory condition, what do you mean? That's what the recovery disk does, or are you using your own Vista disks?
Ask a new question

Read More

Configuration Data Recovery Windows Vista