Explorer crash

sometimes I make a klick with the right mouse button on a file (to send a
file as an email or open it with any program e.g.) in the windows explorer
the windows explorer crashed an windows want to send an error report to
microsoft. Immediately I want to do repeat the same procedure the same thing
happend. After I termitate the explorer process in the taskmanager and start
it manually again, it works for awhile again, until the same thing happend
than.
What could be the reason for it. I am very angry about it.

Michael
2 answers Last reply
More about explorer crash

    Michael Kauert wrote:

    > sometimes I make a klick with the right mouse button on a file (to
    > send a file as an email or open it with any program e.g.) in the
    > windows explorer the windows explorer crashed an windows want to send
    > an error report to microsoft. Immediately I want to do repeat the same
    > procedure the same thing happend. After I termitate the explorer
    > process in the taskmanager and start it manually again, it works for
    > awhile again, until the same thing happend than.
    > What could be the reason for it. I am very angry about it.

    The most common reason for problems with the right-click context menu is
    that a third-party program (or programs) have put entries into this
    shell extension that are incompatible. To troubleshoot this, get the
    free ShellExView program from:

    http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/shexview.html

    Disable all the non-MS right-click extensions using the program. Enable
    them one at a time, testing after each. All troubleshooting must be
    done methodically.

    Many people also experienced right-click problems with certain codecs,
    such as DiVX, after applying Service Pack 2.

    Here are some additional links to help you:

    Right-click is slow or weird behavior caused by context menu handlers -

    Right click causes an error and crashes Explorer.exe after installing
    Windows XP SP2 - http://www.winxptutor.com/sp2/divxcrash.htm

    Slow right-click and other issues -

    Manage the context-menu entries for folders, drives and Namespace
    objects - http://windowsxp.mvps.org/context_folders.htm

    Malke
    --
    MS-MVP Windows User/Shell
    Elephant Boy Computers

Windows Explorer Microsoft Explorer Crash Windows XP