tax of Cingular plan adds up

I have an ATT $39.99 plan. The total payment including tax is about
$45. Today, I subscribe to another Cingular $29.99 plan. It charges a
lot of tax: 3 XXX funds, fed tax, State tax, and 911 tax. The total
payment per month is about $40. It is more than 30% of the fee. Is this
the new trend in Wireless business? Is this the same for every carrier
or just Cingular?

Thanks,

qq
4 answers Last reply
More about cingular plan adds

    <quickcur@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > I have an ATT $39.99 plan. The total payment including tax is about
    > $45. Today, I subscribe to another Cingular $29.99 plan. It charges a
    > lot of tax: 3 XXX funds, fed tax, State tax, and 911 tax. The total
    > payment per month is about $40. It is more than 30% of the fee. Is this
    > the new trend in Wireless business? Is this the same for every carrier
    > or just Cingular?

    The Federal, State, and Local taxes are only charged to Cingular customers.
    The other carriers are exempt.

    --
    SS

    I pay approx. $7 in taxes and other BS for a $39.99 plan which isn't 30%
    which seems very high.

    --
    ___________________
    Ann

    "Ann" <nospam@netzero.com> wrote in message
    >I pay approx. $7 in taxes and other BS for a $39.99 plan which isn't 30%
    >which seems very high.
    >
    > --
    > ___________________
    > Ann
    > Motorola V551
    > iPAQ 4355
    SNIP

    Next time vote for the democrat and they'll make that 30% look appealing.
    Heck they'll probably be taxing you for posting these messages! LOL

    TC

    In article <R3SId.3628$YD5.2615@newsread3.news.pas.earthlink.net>,
    "Tony Clark" <curiousgeorge1964@hotmail.com> wrote:

    > Next time vote for the democrat and they'll make that 30% look appealing.
    > Heck they'll probably be taxing you for posting these messages! LOL

    It's "Republican" Bush putting in record increases for Medicare part B
    this year.

Cingular Wireless At&T Internet Service Providers