Booting problems

Hi, I try to install windows xp in my laptop, it shut down when formatting or file copping.
16 answers Last reply
More about booting problems
  1. Did it shut down or restart?
  2. It shut down .
  3. If you're running off the battery, try using the A/C adapter.
  4. It is always recommended that the laptop be connected to the A/C outlet when performing an OS installation and Service Patch update.
  5. i tried with battery only, tried ac adapter only again i tried with battery and ac adapter at a time also but same proble
  6. aford10 said:
    If you're running off the battery, try using the A/C adapter.

i tried with battery only, A/C adapter only and with both at a time also but still problem.
  7. i tried with different way , only A/C, only battery, with both also but still same problem
  8. Do you get any signs of life?
  9. when i done with battery only it gone up to file copping and shut down , and if i do from ac adapter it shut down formatting
  10. i mean when i done with battery it lasted long time
  11. Try just powering it on, without starting the format/install process.

Just let it sit and see if the issue is with the power, or the install process.
  12. When i start it install xp it turn of like some time file coping from cd , some time installing , when keep without booting for 2 hrs it remain but with out shouting down but when install xp it time to complete it will shut down.
  13. aford10 said:
    Try just powering it on, without starting the format/install process.

Just let it sit and see if the issue is with the power, or the install process.

when i keep on for 10 minutes it shutdown automatically.
  14. Boot off the XP disc. Instead of trying to install windows, use the R option to enter the repair console. The default admin password is blank, so just hit enter when prompted.

At the command line type: chkdsk /r

That will scan your hard drive for errors and try to repair them.
  15. aford10 said:
    Boot off the XP disc. Instead of trying to install windows, use the R option to enter the repair console. The default admin password is blank, so just hit enter when prompted.

At the command line type: chkdsk /r

That will scan your hard drive for errors and try to repair them.

i have dell inspiron 1000 laptop and when i keep it on for 2-6 minutes it shut down automatically.
  16. Ramkharel said:
    i have dell inspiron 1000 laptop and when i keep it on for 2-6 minutes it shut down automatically.

Ok. You still want to try the chkdsk in the repair console.
Ask a new question

Read More

Laptops Formatting Shutdown Windows XP