Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Touch Pad Not Working

Last response: in Windows Vista
December 28, 2010 1:37:41 PM

I have an Inspiron 1525. I was installing new drivers onto it yesterday, including one for the touch pad, but when I restarted the computer, the touch pad didn't work. It told me that "Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)"

I tried to roll back to the previous driver, but there was none available.

I have a mouse, but I do want my touch pad back! Any suggestions? Should I uninstall then reinstall the touch pad software?

Thank you!

More about : touch pad working

Best solution

December 31, 2010 7:29:27 PM

Hello.Yes. Go to device manager (windows key + pause / break key) select your touchpad from the 'mice and other pointing devices' and click the uninstall icon. Restart your computer and windows should automatically find new hardware and install the correct drivers for it
January 7, 2011 12:40:57 AM

Thank you! I actually fixed it by using a restore point. Everything's hunky dory now!
Thanks again! :) 
Score
Related resources
January 7, 2011 12:41:09 AM

Best answer selected by pichu9412.
Score
January 7, 2011 6:17:07 PM

Thanks for the vote. Glad you were able to sort it
Score
June 12, 2012 1:36:01 AM

mibix19 said:
Hello.Yes. Go to device manager (windows key + pause / break key) select your touchpad from the 'mice and other pointing devices' and click the uninstall icon. Restart your computer and windows should automatically find new hardware and install the correct drivers for it

Worked perfectly for me! Thanks so very much!
Score
a b \ Driver
June 12, 2012 1:38:40 AM

This topic has been closed by Nikorr
Score
!