No onboard sound with ATI HD audio

This is my first post so apologies if it's in the wrong section.

I just bought myself a HD2600 pro but I'm having a problem with it's onboard HD audio. When I put in my card and start up windows I have no sound and without even installing the drivers for the ATI HD audio, my old drivers and onboard HD audio aren't detected. I've tried re-installing all the drivers for my onboard audio but they don't register and I can't get any sound. My previous card was an X600 but I know the sound device wasn't on that.

My mother board is a ASUS P5LP-LE
and has integrated Intel High Definition (TM) audio (Azalia)
*Realtek ALC 882 CODEC
*THX certification support
*8-channels for Full Dolby 5.1/6.1/7.1 surround sound support with Dolby Pro Logic IIx

I hope this is enough info but if more is needed please let me know. Any help is appreciated as I really want to get this card running with sound. Thanks in advance
3 answers Last reply
More about onboard sound audio
  1. I'm outputting to a creative 2.1 system and my monitor speakers. Where would I go to check if the sound is enabled in the bios?
  2. :( I feel so stupid right now. Onboard Audio was set to Auto in my Bios so it must have just recognized the ATI audio when I inserted the card. Can ya believe I spent nearly four hours trying to get sound but never thought the bios settings were the problem. Thanks for saving me from another four hours.
  3. my bios is asus m3a and BIOS setup no enable option there is auto and disable. HELP?????????????????
Ask a new question

Read More

Radeon Audio HD Graphics