Sign in with
Your question

No onboard sound with ATI HD audio

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
September 1, 2007 1:12:10 PM

This is my first post so apologies if it's in the wrong section.

I just bought myself a HD2600 pro but I'm having a problem with it's onboard HD audio. When I put in my card and start up windows I have no sound and without even installing the drivers for the ATI HD audio, my old drivers and onboard HD audio aren't detected. I've tried re-installing all the drivers for my onboard audio but they don't register and I can't get any sound. My previous card was an X600 but I know the sound device wasn't on that.

My mother board is a ASUS P5LP-LE
and has integrated Intel High Definition (TM) audio (Azalia)
*Realtek ALC 882 CODEC
*THX certification support
*8-channels for Full Dolby 5.1/6.1/7.1 surround sound support with Dolby Pro Logic IIx

I hope this is enough info but if more is needed please let me know. Any help is appreciated as I really want to get this card running with sound. Thanks in advance
September 1, 2007 1:38:47 PM

I'm outputting to a creative 2.1 system and my monitor speakers. Where would I go to check if the sound is enabled in the bios?
September 1, 2007 2:07:15 PM

:(  I feel so stupid right now. Onboard Audio was set to Auto in my Bios so it must have just recognized the ATI audio when I inserted the card. Can ya believe I spent nearly four hours trying to get sound but never thought the bios settings were the problem. Thanks for saving me from another four hours.
September 3, 2008 2:37:26 PM

my bios is asus m3a and BIOS setup no enable option there is auto and disable. HELP?????????????????
!