Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Double clicking bug, or a virus?

Last response: in Windows XP
February 13, 2010 12:53:57 PM

Hey everyone. Im having this weird problem and I dont know if its a virus or not. heres the problem: Everytime I tried to 1 click on mouse (left click)on any files or anything similar it automaticly double clicks but not always. I tried to reinstall windows and I still have the same problem. If anyone knows the solution, please share =). thanks :D 
February 13, 2010 1:55:24 PM

Have you tried a different mouse?
Related resources
February 13, 2010 1:59:43 PM

Ijack said:
Have you tried a different mouse?

Nope, I havent but this mouse is working really great for like 3 years and now suddenly just one day it starts double clicking when I single click on a file or playing using mozzila firefox and any other programs. I have a Typhoon mouse or something
February 13, 2010 2:13:22 PM

When a piece of equipment goes wrong there is always a time when it is working and then a time when it no longer works. The fact that your mouse has worked great for 3 years proves nothing. Something is wrong now - as a methodical approach to the problem, eliminating a hardware error is the obvious first step.
February 15, 2010 2:45:42 AM

Try checking with new mouse!
Seems to be a hardware issue only!
September 3, 2011 2:32:51 PM

Few insights into the problem.
(1) DSP based mouse use chip to control freeze delay between individual click, if mouse is new this could be a manufacturing defect.
(2) As mouse ages, return spring of click button loses stiffness and bounces under clicks and thus produces several clicks for one.
Tough Fix:
Open mouse replace click sensors on PCB by desoldering, switching places of sensors and resoldering.
*****Easy Fix*****
(1) Go to control Panel> Mouse >Double Click Speed and drag the slider to the middle between Slow and Fast.
(2) Download Utility MouseFix version 1.0 http://www.mediafire.com/?2cr4157s0rtnm44
(3) If rebinds keys and fixes double clicking, you can also use Left Shift as mouse click using this utility, Right Shift remains the same.
September 3, 2011 2:39:58 PM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
!