What case will fit the Geforce 8800 GTS?

crazlunatic

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2007
I've heard that some said I need a fulltower, some said a mid-tower is ok.

Please help me with the case size so I don't buy the wrong case tomorrow. Case recomendations is appreciated. I also want to know if PSUs that come with the case are really that bad?

Lots of cases will fit an 8800 GTS. The GTX has the problem, not the GTS.

Not having a clue about budget or the other parts I can't give you any useful advice. I'll guess the budget based on the presence of the 8800 GTS and I'll say Antec P182. If you plan to have lots of hard disks I'll say Thermaltake Armor instead.

Give more details, you'll get better answers :)

crazlunatic

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2007
well i dont want to spend too much since I have already spent at least 930 CAD on these parts:

CPU: Intel E6750 (Plan to OC to 4 GhZ)
VGA: eVGA geforce 8800gts superclocked
Mobo: Gigabyte P35 DDR2 Versoin (or should i get one w/ ddr III support for 100 dollars more o.0)
RAM: 2 X 1GB sticks of OCZ Gold 5-5-5-12 DDR800

thanks aevm and ne1 who replies

DDR2 is perfect right now, don't worry about DDR3.

I don't know if the GA-P35-DS3R can overclock to 4 GHz but I read some reviews where they did overclock it pretty high. Sorry, forgot the numbers, but you can google it.

The 8800gts is about as long as a standard atx motherboard. If the case can handle an ATX form factor, then it can take the 8800GTS. Get the case that appeals to you. Many psu's that come with a case are not very good. Antec is an exception. The Sonata designer 500 comes with an excellent PSU if you like white: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811129036 The psu should be ok for you. Do some research on quality psu's and amperage requirements. Google psu 101 selection.
Don't get the ddr2+ddr3 boards, they cost extra, and limit the number of sticks of memory you can install. ddr3 will not be economic for a while, and the performance increase is negligible. The extra $100 is better spent going to 4gb of ddr2.
---good luck---

hertzuk

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2007
I have an 8800 GTX (EVGA ACS3 edition absolutely huge beast) and an antec 900 case. Cheap case, great cooling, and fits this card in with ease! Only minor drawback is unfiltered fans, easy, just buy sum filters and put em in, or just clean ur pc every so often!

Cheers Chris