Sign in with
Your question

OMG did I just void my eVGA warranty?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
September 1, 2007 5:49:19 PM

Ok. One thing I do is to remove all the stickers on my products... I mean isn't that what everybody does?

On my eVGA card was a barcode sticker, so obviously becuase I was so eager to install my PC, I removed it. Now I go to register my product and I read on the sticker these deadly words:

Warranty void if removed.

Does this mean I just voided my warranty, AND i'm not applicable for the step-up program.

Please say no =o

More about : omg void evga warranty

September 1, 2007 6:01:46 PM

umm.., I won't say it, but.... it sounds to me like FIZZ and that you are FIZZed, and therefore I would recommend you try and stick it back on with super glue and claim it came lopsided
a b U Graphics card
September 1, 2007 6:16:40 PM

I have never felt the need to remove all the stickers. I doubt that they will really void the warranty, if you ever need to use it. Just stick it back on.
Related resources
a c 130 U Graphics card
September 1, 2007 6:18:28 PM

Sticker what sticker i never saw no sticker :lol: 
Mactronix
September 1, 2007 6:30:08 PM

must be an eVGA card, also, its one of those stickers with slits all over it so ... im missing the corner haha, but the whole barcode is still there
September 1, 2007 6:30:52 PM

well the card can become hot, and i thought maybe it'd be bad to leave the sticker on since it can keep the card from exhausting heat properly lol...
September 1, 2007 6:43:18 PM

long as you keep it with the card you are probably going to be ok. butttt....on the step up front...the bigger deal is all of the packaging and crap that came with the card- you must have all of it or you cant step....kind of silly really i would have stepped to a gtx but I didnt have all the bits and so I was screwed.
great card though so no real worries.
enjoy
September 1, 2007 6:58:17 PM

Does even cutting out the barcode from the outer box for a rebate, void the stepup program or does EVGA hit you with the 15% less ?
September 1, 2007 7:37:02 PM

i don't know lol... but i have all the bits with the exception obviously of the sticker that sealed the box...
September 1, 2007 8:32:46 PM

you can always lie and say there was no sticker to begin with, and they can't prove any other way
a c 101 U Graphics card
September 1, 2007 8:45:39 PM

you mean none of you peel off that damn psu sticker? (j/k)
September 1, 2007 8:47:50 PM

nope, I never have peeled off any stickers, but then I have only ever built 1 computer and have just upgraded it a few times
September 3, 2007 10:53:38 AM

nope, i leave it on.
September 3, 2007 11:33:07 AM

crazlunatic said:
Ok. One thing I do is to remove all the stickers on my products... I mean isn't that what everybody does?

Dude? Wth would I want to do that. So I can't identify my stuff properly anymore one year later? But if that's you fetish...
September 3, 2007 11:33:54 AM

crazlunatic said:

On my eVGA card was a barcode sticker, so obviously becuase I was so eager to install my PC, I removed it. Now I go to register my product and I read on the sticker these deadly words:

Warranty void if removed.

Does this mean I just voided my warranty, AND i'm not applicable for the step-up program.

Please say no =o

No, no and yes, yes...
September 3, 2007 3:01:18 PM

These cards are most likely all made by Foxconn, Evga has a VERY liberal heatsink policy, so if you remove the sticker an RMA goomba wouldn't know if it was an Asus card that got toasted, handed it to a pall with an Evga for a RMA by putting the Evga cooler on the Asus and the Asus cooler (with Ghost Recon 2 advert on it) on the Evga, etc. etc. So yes, it is pretty important to them.
!