anyone have experience w/ ordering from crucial.com (flash)

joeyp

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2007
Trying to find someone w/ experience ordering online through crucial.com...
involving purchase of Flash memory.

Ummm..I RMA'd a crucial flash drive under lifetime warranty and received a prompt replacement. I have ordered system memory from crucial dot com as well as RMA'd system memory and all orders were problem free. My 2 cents...Crucial is far above average when ordering their products. Talked with their tech support amny times and found them to be very helpful.

joeyp

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2007
If you could produce a receipt for a flash memory device purchased from crucial I think I can help you. I'm involved w/ a piece of litigation in which we are going after several flash memory manufacturers ( one of which is Micron technology ---Crucial) for overcharging. I would really appreciate your contacting me and I will supply more info. you can contact me directly at jtplaw@jtplegal.com ask for joe. thanks

ausch30

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2007

This is not the place for that. I have ordered from them a number of times ordering system and flash memory and couldn't be happier with their service or support.

drysocks

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2007
Interesting. I'd like to know what is wrong with overcharging for a flash memory device? I "overcharge" for products from time to time. Is it illegal to do so? What is the definition of "overcharging"?

shadowflit

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2006

You seem confused; no one's asking for your help. You are asking for our help. Don't try to make it look like you're doing us some favor. And from the previous comments, I'd say you've found satisfied customers and better start looking elsewhere.

Ok. Besides needing a Will drawn up and a 'light' corporation formed for tax deduction purpose, I can have a few beers and hit on some crack and drive around and start a fight with the police when they chase me down. Do you have any references regarding your success rate suing cities?

zenmaster

Splendid
Feb 21, 2006
Joey,

Go look elsewhere.

Companies are free to charge what they like for any product they sell.

If I wanted to sell you beat up 2007 pennies for $20 and you paid that, its your fault so long as I did not misrepresent what I'm selling.

If I did, it's simple enough to demonstrate to your Credit Card company and they will reverse the charges.

joeyp

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2007
OK......let me be a little more clear.....In the U.S. we have laws against pure monopolies ...perhaps you heard about the case against MSFT. In our system of goverment we believe that its not fair for large corperations to conspire with each other and artificially jack up the price of a product. When this type of behavior occures the consummer doesn't even realize they are getting screwed.....they think ..heck that price is pretty consistant w/ the price of the next guy. The problem is large corperations somtimes conspire to rip people off by entering into illigal cartels that stop smaller bussinesses from ever getting started.
let me give you an example....about 10 years ago a significant # of manufacturers got together and artificially set the prices for CRT monitors. The problem started when the companies realized flat screens were in and CRT mon were out.
Look....let me be straight w/ you....If I can find just 1 person who bought directly from crucial.com (a flash mem device) I can be involved w/ this litigation and put my kids through college. look I'm not much different than many of you...obvioslly not as knowledgable about computer stuff BUUUUT lets face it I was smart enough to find this web site and hopefully one of you can help me.

CNeufeld

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2006
So if I understand you correctly, you're going to get involved in a lawsuit even though you had never bought from the company (or at least, kept the receipt)? And you expect to make enough money from the lawsuit to "put your kids through college"? And someone should just hand you a receipt to allow you to do this out of the goodness of their heart?

Interesting... And lawyers wonder why they have a bad reputation...

Ahhhh, a quick search of your previous posts gives some answers... Are you planning some form of class action lawsuit so all the peon's get a $5.00 rebate, and you rake in big bucks for very little work?

Clint

joeyp

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2007
whats the alternative ? just that the large corps get away w/ stealing from the consumer? Is that what matters ? look---I provide a service to keep the corps in check. Is there somthing wrong w/ the lawyers being paid ? Yeah believe it or not this one case could really put my kids through college. But listen I don't expect you to help journeyman. Perhaps someone else who has a different perspective than you will actully help. Oh and by the way....remember how MSFT tried to push everyone around and keep all their code secret ?.....who do you think was responsible for putting MSFT intheir place ? Yea I know the rotten lawyers,,,,,Yup alot of people don't like us thats ok. I know occasionally I help people. I'm sure you feel the same about yourself.

CNeufeld

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2006
Tell you what, you tell me how much money you plan on making, and how many hours of work you'll put into it. Then I'll tell you if I think there's something wrong. But in the last class action lawsuit won against the Flash Memory Cabal (http://www.flash-settlement.com), all the peon's got 5% of their original purchase price or 10% of their next purchase. What is that, $10 or $20?

The lawyers got $2,400,000.

Gee, thanks for looking out for us... And of course, the "large corps" pass the screwings on to us...

Clint

LOL. You are going to make him wish He had joined the service and learned self respect instead on going to law school and learning how set on his a$$ and think friviously all day long.

zenmaster

Splendid
Feb 21, 2006
LOL,

I wonder how much this guy has already paid somebody for the "rights" to this idea. There is no doubt he paid somebody $20 or more for this that is guarenteed to earn him $10,000s of dollars.

Even more surprised he figured out how to even make kids.

croc

Distinguished
BANNED
Sep 14, 2005

Uhh... Can you help me out recovering all of the overcharges that I incurred using airfreight over the last several years? Seems that your gov't tends to allow cartels when it suits their purpose. Not to mention violating the IATA 'freedom of the air' rules, or the fact that I am sure to be wire-tapped every time I call / send emails to anyone in the US...

Come on over to AUS and take my deposition. I know a great billabong, just purpose made for a bottom-feeding lawyer. Mind the crocs, though...

chuckt

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2007
I happen to like the thumb drives that Lexar (Crucial / Micron) puts out. They were the first company to offer a rebate through Staples and since I'm married and on a budget, I got a deal that I could afford while all the other manufacturers were more high priced. If you noticed, Sandisk has more of a monopoly of the retail store outlet because Bestbuy, Circuit City and other stores are selling Sandisk's products big time while a company like Lexar (Crucial) is not doing as well and you can probably find some of their products in Target or Office Max.

These companies buy the wafers from another company which sells the product at the same price to everybody so if you expect to show price fixing, you have to remember that the market is very competitive and Toshiba and one other company created this kind of hardware so you can are basically paying Toshiba and another company the royalties so if you are going to claim "price fixing", you need to have more proof because a buyer from one retailer is going to say,"Can I get this product at a more competitive price?" and they are all getting the wafers from some of the same sources at the same cost. And salesmen don't give deals but offer everyone the same price because they play a price game and you never see their price for anything.

If you are complaining about buying thumb drives at the same price then it is your responsibility to get a better deal. I recently bought a flash card made by Transcend and it was cheaper buying it online than buying it from Circuit City or Best Buy because you are paying for the store's rent. If you want to sue someone, I suggest that you sue the local malls here who believe the average family income is $90,000 and we pay an average of $119 on the average shopping trip because all the malls around here are owned by the same reality company and I have to shop at Target, K-Mart or Wallmart, (sometimes Sears) because the mall is generally too expensive because they have their hand in the pocket of the retailers they rent to. If you open late, close late or don't open, you get fined by the mall. When it is holiday time, they pay double rent and it the bills we pay is based on what they think we make.

justtom

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2007

Joey, where do I start? If I ever needed a lawyer I certainly would hesitate in choosing the “trolling bad spelling desperate lawyer from Tom’s hardware.” Do you have spell check? Anyone is supposed to let someone who can’t spell illegal represent him? Are your legal filings as well crafted? Just a hint, next time fire up your word processor of choice and run your post through it.

Latest posts