P5k-V Bios

I tried updating the bios and it failed, is there a way to fix my pc. No bios are found cant boot, whats going on?!?!
8 answers Last reply
More about bios
  1. First, clear the CMOS, directions should be in the mobo manual. If that doesn't, try to flash from with floppy
  2. How were you trying to update your bios, through windows, mobo bios update, or floppy?

Clear CMOS, as state above, and you should be able to get into bios recovery where you insert a floppy, cd, or usb drive with a working bios on it. I recomend using the cd that came with the mobo and later trying to flash the bios with your favorite bios.

HTH
  3. i did the CMOS thing took out the battery waited about a minute but everhything back in and nothing happened it still just turns on my pc than just shuts off. Maybe im doing something wrong can you guys give me a step by step how to of this??
  4. Ok what i ment was what do i do, i know i got to move the jumper but once i do my pc wont turn on is this normal?

I updated my bios threw the asus auto updater that came on the MOBO cd. If failed when it got to step 3. Im pissed i just sepnt 2 grand on a pc and the gpu has to be RMAed and now this. Please please help me
  5. DXsocko007 said:
    Ok what i ment was what do i do, i know i got to move the jumper but once i do my pc wont turn on is this normal?

I updated my bios threw the asus auto updater that came on the MOBO cd. If failed when it got to step 3. Im pissed i just sepnt 2 grand on a pc and the gpu has to be RMAed and now this. Please please help me

Did you move the CMOS covering plastic back to where they need to be? If the computer is shutting off immediately after it starts it could be that the HSF is not seated correctly, a problem with the PSU, or you do not have the correct number of standoffs or they aren't all screwed done. If putting the CMOS back to the original physical settings doesn't work, suggest taking the board out and disconnect everything. Put the CPU and HSF in and test to see if it will start making sure you have the 24 and 4 pin power connectors as well as the HSF connected. Then one stick of memory, etc. Test after each piece is put in. If everything works, replace the board making sure you have the exact number of standoffs secured, no more and no less, and each is screwed down. If it doesn't power up when out of the case, try another PSU. Be a good idea to clean the past of the CPU and HSF and replace it. You can use rubbing alcohol and a coffee filter to clean it. Replace the thermal paste with Arctic Silver.
  6. doesnt work brother im just gonna RMA it
  7. When Bios fail you can't boot or go ton toll EZ-Update Bios.
    Do you have another P5K-V?
    With P5K, you can boot by good Bios to windows or dos. Hot replace Bios fail and try to update Bios again.
    Wish you success!
  8. g-paw said:
    If the computer is shutting off immediately after it starts it could be that the HSF is not seated correctly, a problem with the PSU, or you do not have the correct number of standoffs or they aren't all screwed done. .

Did not know that POwer problems could be for missing some Standoffs of MoBo, mine starts for 2 seconds and stop and starts again and so on, Actually MoBo was coming with one standoff missing and I installed it like this.
    Also good to know about HSF not seated correctly, mine actually after putting more than I'd liked still have one of the leg with a very small movement, could be a reason?

I'll try tuesday night to start out of the case. Hope this will allow me to get the Bios Post and also update it since ASUS recommend me that to make sure.

here is my rig, any help or advise will be greatly appreciated.
    MB: ASUS P5K-E WIFI AP 775
    BIOS: ?????
    CPU: INTEL Core 2 Quad Q6600 G0 Stepping Kentsfield 2.40GHz 8MB L2 LGA 775
    RAM: 8 gb = OCZ Vista Upgrade 4GB(2x2GB) DDR2-800 CL 5-6-6-18 Dual Channel Kit
    Video 1 : MSI Radeon HD 2600XT 512MB 128bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 HDMI HDCP & CrossFire
    Video 2 : MSI Radeon HD 2600XT 512MB 128bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 HDMI HDCP & CrossFire
    HD 1 : Maxtor 160GB SATA 3.0GB
    HD 2 : Western Digital Caviar SE16 500GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s
    DVD : LiteOn DVD Writer 20x Lightscribe Sata
    Case: Raidmax Ninja ATXN819WBP
    PSU: Thermaltake Toughpower 750W
    OS 1 : Win XP PRO Sp2 on HD1
    OS 2 : Vista Home Pre 64 bits (Not installed yet)
    Monitor : Samsung SyncMaster 226WB connected to DVI
Ask a new question

Read More

Asus BIOS Boot Motherboards