Sign in with
Your question

Bootmgr is missing vista

Tags:
  • Windows Vista
Last response: in Windows Vista
Anonymous
December 31, 2010 4:23:01 AM

I am getting a "bootmgr is missing" and Press CTL+ALT+DEL to restart. Now I am not even able to boot with vista DVD again. It gives me again the dreaded "bootmgr is missing" and Press CTL+ALT+DEL. Please help
kindly mail me its solution..on my id --- Please do not post your @mail (that way u are helping to spread the spam), u will be automatically notified if some one post fresh line in your thread. Thanx : )

thanx & regards

More about : bootmgr missing vista

December 31, 2010 4:04:46 PM

What happened prior to the bootmgr missing, did you remove another drive from the system?
To be able to boot from the DVD, you need to make sure that the optical drive is set as first boot device in bios.

We do not reply by email, the idea is that others can see the solutions.
m
l
January 1, 2011 5:38:50 AM

Quote:
I am getting a "bootmgr is missing" and Press CTL+ALT+DEL to restart. Now I am not even able to boot with vista DVD again. It gives me again the dreaded "bootmgr is missing" and Press CTL+ALT+DEL. Please help
kindly mail me its solution..on my id --- Please do not post your @mail (that way u are helping to spread the spam), u will be automatically notified if some one post fresh line in your thread. Thanx : )

thanx & regards

Hi amitbhatt,

Follow this Steps to fix your Problem - :

Start your Computer with CD-ROM.

1.Boot off the Windows Vista DVD and then click Next When it will ask Language or Time Currency Format at first prompt:
then

2. You will see a link in the lower left-hand side for “Repair your computer”

The installation process will attempt to find your Vista installation directory.

3. If there’s more than one in the list, select the correct one (OS installed Drive) and then Click on Next button again.

4. Click on the first link for “Startup Repair”

The installation process will repair the system, and then prompt for you to reboot.

5. Alternatively you could have chosen the Command Prompt option instead, and use the following command to fix the boot options only -:
bootrec /fixboot

After that reboot your computer & remove the DVD.

Then your Computer will Work fine.
m
l
!