The REason nobody posts here

Tags:
  • Video Games
Last response: in Video Games
August 31, 2004 11:17:20 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.resident-evil (More info?)

I brought this newsgroup up after all this time and there is not a single
unread message for this group. I think the reason is how longtime posters treat
the newbies. I am not exactly a newbie, but I got into RE only after the N64
brought RE2 to Nintendo. I have been a fan ever since and I remember being
criticized for rehashing an old topic about RECV on wether or not it is part of
the main storyline or not. I took it with a grain of salt, but it makes it very
unsavory for people that are new or just looking for something to talk about
when there is nothing else new to talk about. Even the longtime posters are not
posting here. What's the deal? I think that going online should be a friendly,
entertaining experience.

More about : reason posts

Anonymous
August 31, 2004 11:28:16 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.resident-evil (More info?)

On 31 Aug 2004 19:17:20 GMT, halleberrymaxfan@aol.com
(HalleBerryMaxFan) wrote:

>I brought this newsgroup up after all this time and there is not a single
>unread message for this group. I think the reason is how longtime posters treat
>the newbies. I am not exactly a newbie, but I got into RE only after the N64
>brought RE2 to Nintendo. I have been a fan ever since and I remember being
>criticized for rehashing an old topic about RECV on wether or not it is part of
>the main storyline or not. I took it with a grain of salt, but it makes it very
>unsavory for people that are new or just looking for something to talk about
>when there is nothing else new to talk about. Even the longtime posters are not
>posting here. What's the deal? I think that going online should be a friendly,
>entertaining experience.

Nope, that's not it at all.

For one, long time posters here have already had all the discussions
the newbies think they're so bright for bringing up in the first
place, hundreds of times.

We've had the RE2 "secret" gate discussion. We've had "who iz nemeziz
omg" discussion. We've had "zomg iz dat barry" discussion. If it is in
RE, we've discussed it to death, and it can piss us off when a newbie
comes in thinking it's never been done and claims THEY know the truth.

Add to the fact that Capcom hasn't really done much with the series
that warrants any discussion.

Simply put, there are little to no posts here because there's little
to nothing to talk about. Anything aobut RE4 from what we seen has
been discussed to death, and further speculation just isn't possible.
When it rolls around and finally drops, there will be plenty of
discussion.
Anonymous
September 1, 2004 4:34:50 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.resident-evil (More info?)

You have a point "voramyr", but I think it is also a valid point that all posts
and opinion as honored even though you have heard it before, because these
posters are new to this group and they have never discussed those old topics
before on this board and I think it is rude for someone to say something like:
"Those who haven't been here since the beginning should go somewhere else." I
mean how would you like it if you discovered some new game or music and wanted
to discuss it and someone told you to leave the group or made some other rude
comment simply because the topic was discussed before.
September 1, 2004 12:07:37 PM

"HalleBerryMaxFan" <halleberrymaxfan@aol.com> wrote in message
> You have a point "voramyr", but I think it is also a valid point that all
posts
> and opinion as honored even though you have heard it before, because these
> posters are new to this group and they have never discussed those old
topics
> before on this board and I think it is rude for someone to say something
like:
> "Those who haven't been here since the beginning should go somewhere
else." I
> mean how would you like it if you discovered some new game or music and
wanted
> to discuss it and someone told you to leave the group or made some other
rude
> comment simply because the topic was discussed before.

I'm too budy to post, otherwise I'd be in here filling it up with fanfics,
some arguments, and maybe a tribute game or two... I don't like the fact
that RE4 has hot and cold flushes and the fact it has been delayed for a
couple of years hasn't put anything new on the table.

I suppose there's always the gameboy game/s... But no one wants to talk
about those. : P

I'm a little interested in SH4, but only because I liked SH3... But 4 won't
have anything to do with 3 (so I have read) so bleh.

Anyone seen any good RE stuff for sale lately? I have a wallet, lighter, and
a watch that doesn't fit me \o/ .... Much better than the FF stuff I saw.

--
=========
Comp Whizz

"Computer Whizz" <old486whizz@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> "HalleBerryMaxFan" <halleberrymaxfan@aol.com> wrote in message
>> You have a point "voramyr", but I think it is also a valid point that all
> posts
>> and opinion as honored even though you have heard it before, because
>> these
>> posters are new to this group and they have never discussed those old
> topics
>> before on this board and I think it is rude for someone to say something
> like:
>> "Those who haven't been here since the beginning should go somewhere
> else." I
>> mean how would you like it if you discovered some new game or music and
> wanted
>> to discuss it and someone told you to leave the group or made some other
> rude
>> comment simply because the topic was discussed before.
>
> I'm too budy to post, otherwise I'd be in here filling it up with fanfics,
> some arguments, and maybe a tribute game or two... I don't like the fact
> that RE4 has hot and cold flushes and the fact it has been delayed for a
> couple of years hasn't put anything new on the table.
>
> I suppose there's always the gameboy game/s... But no one wants to talk
> about those. : P
>
> I'm a little interested in SH4, but only because I liked SH3... But 4
> won't
> have anything to do with 3 (so I have read) so bleh.
>
> Anyone seen any good RE stuff for sale lately? I have a wallet, lighter,
> and
> a watch that doesn't fit me \o/ .... Much better than the FF stuff I saw.
>
> --
> =========
> Comp Whizz
> =========

Good thread idea: What RE stuff do you own/want?
I have the RE Beretta with STARS logo on it, RECV comics, and figurines of
Jill, Carlos, Nemesis, Hunter. And heaps of posters.
Anonymous
September 2, 2004 1:30:32 PM

"Rachel" <e_vale@xtra.co.nz> wrote in message

> Good thread idea: What RE stuff do you own/want?
> I have the RE Beretta with STARS logo on it, RECV comics, and figurines of
> Jill, Carlos, Nemesis, Hunter. And heaps of posters.

Yeah - that's what I wanted to happen ; )
.... OMG, you have a Baretta!? I want :'(  ... Damn UK not allowing
replica's...

I have to say that and maybe a better lighter is all I want... Maybe a copy
of Chris' jacket... But it's not my style.

--
=========
Comp Whizz

Archived from groups: alt.games.resident-evil (More info?)

> Yeah - that's what I wanted to happen ; )
> ... OMG, you have a Baretta!? I want :'(  ... Damn UK not allowing
> replica's...
>
> I have to say that and maybe a better lighter is all I want... Maybe a
> copy
> of Chris' jacket... But it's not my style.
>
> --
> =========
> Comp Whizz
> =========

here is a pic of some of my Rezzie Evil stuff:
http://www.sharemation.com/Kiara/Dcp_0029.jpg?unq=929dv...
anyone else got a pic of their RE stuff?
Anonymous
September 13, 2004 5:47:38 PM

On Sun, 5 Sep 2004 16:22:14 +1200, "Rachel" <e_vale@xtra.co.nz> said:

>> Yeah - that's what I wanted to happen ; )
>> ... OMG, you have a Baretta!? I want :'(  ... Damn UK not allowing
>> replica's...
>>
>> I have to say that and maybe a better lighter is all I want... Maybe a
>> copy
>> of Chris' jacket... But it's not my style.
>>
>> --
>> =========
>> Comp Whizz
>> =========
>>
>here is a pic of some of my Rezzie Evil stuff:
>http://www.sharemation.com/Kiara/Dcp_0029.jpg?unq=929dv...
>anyone else got a pic of their RE stuff?

All iv'e got is the old Claire and Police Zombie double pack. And every
time i went to forrbiden planet all the had was 3 Alex Ashcrofts.
----

Be a man.....

Be a KLUGMAN!!!!
!