Sign in with
Your question

divider and OC help E6600

Last response: in Overclocking
October 30, 2007 5:00:15 PM

i just downloaded the UT3 demo...and well suffice it to say i need to start OCing to get the frame rate i want. But i have a few Questions i cant seem to find answers for. The Ram divider for instance, I'm running some ddr2 800 Ram at 1066 at 5-5-5-15 with an E6600 stock, currently im getting a divider of 1:2. i have heard this hampers the CPU for some reason, is that true? and why?

And here is the real thing i know my ram can go 1066 with no problems, but i don’t mind lowering that to stock 800 because it will allow me to lover the latency. Speaking of latency what more important a latency 4-4-4-12 with 800/889Mhz or 1066 with 5-5-5-15?

If the divider is important how do i get a 1:1 divider with a "safe oc" (i.e. no over volting or over heating the CPU )

Currently im at 61c max and about 34 idle stock with a Scythe infinity. my CPU is stepping 6 revision B2 model F.

I think what im trying to ask is what would be an optimal (or close) FSB to aim for? Keeping in mind what im looking for is better framerate in the new games coming out. And what would an optimal Ram setup look like with that FSB?

I know it a hard question but I would really appreciate some suggestions, and thankls for reading this far 

More about : divider e6600

October 30, 2007 6:19:40 PM

u dont NEED 1:2 but having it is good. 3.2Ghz shoud have no problem
October 30, 2007 8:04:12 PM

also what about the voltage for the CPU. Can i leave it at auto? and whats the best way of finding the right vcore?

CPU-z says

If anyone has OCed a chip like mine i woud like to hear what you run your vcore at, or simply if you have any advice i'll take it :) 
thx again
October 30, 2007 8:10:51 PM

PS this is 6 minutes into TAT at 100% on both cores along with orthos and a random asortment of programes like photoshop etc. Core one is 55c. Core 2 is 54c.
Asus PC probe repports a 1.23 vcore
again if anyone has OCed a chip like mine i woud like to hear what you run your vcore at, or simply if you have any advice i'll take it :) 
thx again
!