Closed Solved

What do i do please

hi, do i run/turn on ( NOT SCAN )
kaspersky pure AND win fire wall, and win defender, and Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free or full paid version .
all at once ?? ta ..

:sweat:
14 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about what please
  1. Why on earth would you want to? It's a very well know thing that more than one anti-virus product is a bad thing to have. Windows Firewall + Anti-virus + malware bytes would be OK.
  2. ok so kas has its own win fire wall, its just that there are so many warnings
    when win f w is turned off..............
  3. brybry said:
    ok so kas has its own win fire wall, its just that there are so many warnings
    when win f w is turned off..............

You can disable the firewall warning if you want to use another firewall. Security Center options will give you that.
  4. ok ...........i could turn off kis fire and use win fire but that would be silly hey ???
  5. Does not matter too much, if you use a Router it also has a firewall, so it's just a second line of firewalls.
  6. oh how is that . i use an ipstar satalite reciever no real software ????
  7. brybry said:
    oh how is that . i use an ipstar satalite reciever no real software ????

If you don't have a router, then you don't have a firewall in it of-course.

Most attacks are not something a firewall would block anyway, it's initiated by the user, which the firewall views as proper action. Meaning most viruses start with someone running a bad file or going to an infected web site. Since you initiated that action, the firewall lets it though.
  8. wow i learn sumthing new

ok my g f has a chineese 100/10/ router

my mum has a aopen 1000/100/10 router ,

so what do they do ??
  9. brybry said:
    wow i learn sumthing new

ok my g f has a chineese 100/10/ router

my mum has a aopen 1000/100/10 router ,

so what do they do ??

As far as security? You can run Kaspersky, and use it's firewall also, but it's not fully needed because the routers have a firewall. Do not need to run MS Defender or any other second anti-virus. I run Malwarebytes but not the resident program, just do a scan every so often. But I keep track of what sites I visit and most techs know the signs of a bad site or email that may have viruses. Running the full version of Malwarebytes along with another anti-virus product is OK.
  10. 1; how do u tell signs of a bad site please ( noobie ) when surfing .

2; other poeple sed dont run realtime live mbam with other full time a v
    ??????
  11. Best answer
    brybry said:
    1; how do u tell signs of a bad site please ( noobie ) when surfing .

2; other poeple sed dont run realtime live mbam with other full time a v
    ??????

Signs of a bad site, usually a bad design, lots of ads for questionable products, "FREE" flashing all over the place, almost anything you get when you search for free products you normally pay for.

I don't run Malwarebytes full time, but from the things it detects, it does not act the same way as an anti-virus. A good anti-virus that also detects sypware should be fine on it's own.
  12. ok ta ..
  13. Best answer selected by Nikorr.
  14. This topic has been closed by Nikorr
Ask a new question

Read More

Security Defender Malware Kaspersky Apps