Can I read a QR Code and show it on textbox?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ghfgj

Honorable
Apr 10, 2012
Hi,
I'm a newcomer of barcode. I'm wondering is there a way to read a QR Code barcode and then appear in textbox.
Any suggestion?

Thanks

system11

Honorable
Mar 27, 2012
Are you doing this for business purpose? How large is the number of QR Code to be scanned? If not large, and no requirement over speed, you can directly scan the QR Code using mobile phone.

james7

Honorable
Mar 29, 2012
Normally, there are a lot of devices that can be used as a qr code scanner, such as smartphone camera, webcam, etc. you need to install a QR Code reading program on your device, then it will decode the QR Code.

roserose

Honorable
Mar 31, 2012
Yes, scanning program + scanner device will be OK. QR Codes could be read by the Smartphone camera, so find proper reader for .NET or if you are using Android system, you may need the Java reader.

gsdfsd

Honorable
Mar 31, 2012
After installation, you may try this code:string[] barcodes = BarCodeReader.scanBarCode("qrcode.gif", BarCodeType.QRCODE);

TysonD

Honorable
Nov 8, 2013
If you want a good QR code app for Windows I use one called QRCopy. It's got both a generater and a QR code reader (it uses your webcam to scan codes, you don't have to find a way to get the qr code onto your computer first). I tried a few other QR code scanner/reader apps but QRCopy scanned a lot faster and it works in my room which is a bit dark. It does exactly what you asked for, it'll read a code then show the decoded text in a textbox. It can also link up with your clipboard so that it'll decode then put the decoded text into the clipboard, or if you put text on the clipboard it can pop up a qr code containing that text.

Status
Not open for further replies.