not so simple ATI overclock Problem

closed_deal

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2007
Hello new to this forum but i'm thinking someone out there will have a solution for a problem I've had for ages...... I have an X1900 XTX yes you may laugh, however i had overclocked this very well with an Accelro X2 in an Antec 900 case.

With my xp pro it worked fine but since Vista.......ATI Tool, Tray Tools, Rivatuner and RAGE 3D Tweak CCC all refuse to work on Vista 64 Home edition. CCC Over-drive o/c's ok but it's limited and can't find a way to bypass the restraints if any? Tiz sooo cold and it's mocking me atm, and after i finally got my 6000+ over 3.4Ghz air cooled 46C load :D

Any help with another program or a way to 'mod' CCC to overclock my chilly XTX would be greatly recieved.
Preasant clocks limited by CCC are 688Mhz Core 1584Mhz Memory on std volts. 38C IDLE 49-54 C LOAD stop mocking me!!!!

Mugz

Splendid
Oct 27, 2006
You're running Vista? There's the problem.

Revert back to XP, problem will go away.

@EVERYONE: WAIT for Vista SP1 at least before using this hunk of crap, or better, switch to linux. [/badly traumatised by M$'s latest]

closed_deal

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2007
Thankyou for the idea but how do you go about flashing a gfx card? How do you know the clocks your setting it at are stable etc...? New to this flashing concept :D.

TRENDING THREADS