rickzor

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2007
I have a 1gb pendrive, and it has been flawless till yesterday when it asked my to format like if its file system (fat, fat32) had been lost, and so i did it.
Now instead of 1 gb i can only use 292 mb from it..
Has anyone came across with a similar situation?
If so, is there some sort of solution like a sotwate fixing tool, or is this a lost case?

Thanks is advance o/

chuckt

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2007
I was reading online that some memory modules are stacked when they are put together so maybe the drive lost internal information as to where to find the rest of the flash chip.

Try formatting it as NTFS. No clue if it helps, but you got nothing to lose. If that doesn't do it don't worry too much, throw the junk out. I just bought myself a 4GB flash drive for $27 at www.futureshop.ca. :)

rickzor

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2007
If i find myself unable to fix this drive, i may wait for 8gb drives to low their price to the price of the 4gb drives.
Hopefuly it wont take too long!

The reason for this is that the Flash chips are probably worn out and so the system blocked access to provide reliable service. Or some of the Flash chips came lose (seen this happen).

rickzor

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2007
Not that im a lazy google user, but it seem to be a lot a diskmanagement softwares hanging around and i dont have much time to test all of them so..could you give me a direct link to the one you used please? :p