Interesting G92 news

http://xbitlabs.com/news/video/display/20070902154658.html

Several media reports claim that the G92 chip due to be commercially launched on the 12th of November will be positioned as a performance-mainstream part, not as an ultra high-end product. The chip will sport an improved PureVideo HD video engine, PCI Express 2.0 bus, DVI, DisplayPort as well as HDMI outputs, media reports claim. It remains to be seen whether the new product will also feature DirectX 10.1 capabilities. The new chip is projected to be made using 65nm process technology at TSMC.

Besides creating a chip that would feature over a billion of transistors, Nvidia may chose an option to produce a dual-chip graphics card based on relatively inexpensive graphics processors. Unfortunately, there is no reliable information whether Nvidia’s G92 is actually a complex high-end graphics processor, or a chip of modest complexity to replace Nvidia GeForce 8800 GTS and power a dual-GPU “GX2” graphics card.

pchoi04

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2007

Great way of showing that you don't care by posting here that you don't care... lol

To be honest i was pretty much expecting this after i found out last week about the 2950 and where that was going to fit in to things.Couldnt really see one camp doing different from the other,they both know basically what the other is doing(or trying to do).So after it became apparent that ATIs next offering wasnt going to be a super dooper chip it followed that the Nvidea one would follow suit.
Mactronix

T8RR8R

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2007
The G92 is spozed to be the 8700 and that's awesome because the midrange is really lack luster. I am actually waiting for the successor to the 8800GTX, the Ultra is not really a successor givin it's price.