Sign in with
Your question

Compatibilty and comments on new Gaming build!

Last response: in Systems
August 23, 2007 10:29:08 AM

Hi everyone

I think i have finally worked out what i want in my new computer. The Machine will be used for gaming and pretty much gaming alone. I Wanted to go all out so the comuter would last me a year or 2 until i oviously change a few bits in it to be up to date.

Im just looking for any issues i may have over looked with the hardware i want, im pretty behind in the hardware scene and may have missed something. Im not really worried about this board is cheaper, why bother with that sound card. All i need to know is: will it work? is there something better I could use? (money is not an issue)
But all comments good and bad are welcome :D  just remember im a nooby lol

Case:

ThermalTake Armour Full tower. This is the one without the side fan, i also ordered another HD cage for the front with the extra fan.

PSU:

Enermax Galaxy DXX 1000w Psu

Mobo:

ASUS Blitz Formula
LGA775, P35, 1333FSB, 4x DDR2-1066, 2x PCI-Ex16, 6x SATA-II, 2x eSATA, RAID, 2x GigLAN, 8Chl, Firewire, ATX

CPU:

Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600

CPU Fan:

Zalman CNPS9700LED (Copper) CPU Cooler

RAM: Maby 2 of these? for 8gig?

Patriot 4096MB (2 x 2048MB) PC2-6400 800Mhz DDR2 RAM - 5-5-5-12 - Extreme Performance, Enhanced Latency Line

Hard Drives:

150GB Western Digital Raptor WD1500ADFD 10000RPM SATA 16M CACHE Hard disk - For OS and Games
Seagate 750GB 7200rpm Serial ATA-II-300 HDD w. 16MB Cache (ST3750640AS) Barracuda 7200.10 - For Storage

Sound:

Sound Blaster X-Fi Fatality Champion Series

Video Card:

EVGA GeForce 8800GTX - 768MB DDR3, 384-bit, 2x DVI, HDTV - PCI-Ex16

Optical:

ASUS DRW-1814BLT-BLK DVD Burner - SATA
18x DVD±RW, 14x DVD-RAM, 8x DVD±R DL, Lightscribe, SATA - Black

And that is pretty much it. Im planning on running Vista x64 Bit of course. I also would like to know if i would have any problems running 2 of those patriot sets, for a total of 8gig. Ive heard many things about more ram less this ram ect ect any suggestions to for different brands would be awesom as well! :D 

One last thing how does this system look to an over clocker? is there potential to squeez more speed out if the time comes?

Ok i think that is everything. I realise there are so many threads on different hardware and compatibilty, i just wanted to make sure with things that are specific to me. Plus remember ive never done this before, i usually let the shop decide so if its ludicrous thats why lol :p  Thanks for any replys in advance!

cheers

a b 4 Gaming
August 23, 2007 11:02:47 AM

If u are going to do strictly gaming then get E6850 , Q6600 is good too , but for only gaming, get E6850 :

http://anandtech.com/cpuchipsets/intel/showdoc.aspx?i=3...

If you're strictly building a gaming box, you'll get more performance out of the dual-core E6850. However, if you do any encoding or 3D rendering at all, the quad-core Q6600 is a better buy. Our pick is the Q6600 and if you want to make up the performance difference you can always overclock to E6850 speeds, but the chip only makes sense if you're running apps that can take advantage of four cores. As the chart above illustrates, those applications are almost exclusively limited to video encoding and 3D rendering.

also for POWER, i suggest OCZ PROXSTREAM 1000 or TT TOUGHPOWER 1200 ,
overall thats a killer rig ,enjoy
!