Sign in with
Your question

System Crashes during Flight Sim X

Tags:
  • Homebuilt
  • Systems
Last response: in Systems
August 23, 2007 2:03:48 PM

About 5min into FSX my system crashes. Once it's restarted the system crashes even sooner then before while playing. I had no problems before w/ an ASUS 7600GS. But now I run two XFX7900GS in SLI and this happens. Temps are ok (45-47C while gaming). However, my PSU is not SLI certified and I'm using a Y converter for the other PCI-E connection. Could it be the PSU? I'm scratching my head. Any suggestions are appreciated.

E6600
4GB RAM
320GB Barracuda
ASUS P5NSLI
500W Coolmaster
XP Pro
Dell WFP2007

More about : system crashes flight sim

a c 90 B Homebuilt system
August 23, 2007 2:48:30 PM

[msgquoted="using a Y converter for the other PCI-E connection"
]"using a Y converter for the other PCI-E connection"
[/msgquoted]If there is enough power to begin with using the Y connector shouldnt be a problem. But yes the power supply might be the problem. What model 500w Coolermaster is it? Can you find the +12V power specs on the PSU. Should look like this:
Have you tried running just one 7900GS? Still get system crashes then?
August 23, 2007 2:52:58 PM

I think it could be your psu.500w with xfx in sli? Seems a bit underpowered. Are You over clocking?got lots of pci cards,fans,dvd drives etc.? try one of those psu calculators online,sory no link.Besides you realy cant go wrong upgrading to 600-700w psu
August 23, 2007 4:09:31 PM

If you can, make sure that each card is supplied from a different +12 rail. Do not use a 'Y' splitter!
Rather a single from each rail.
The 2 cards are asking for about 25 amps or 12.5 each.
!