Need Help on How 2 Fix This

The Dead Man

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2007
Ya I went 2 install windows xp, 4 my first time on sata & I accidently didnt see the part were ur supposed to push F6, too install the drivers from the floppy. So windows installed on my sata like it does for the ide drives, now I dont know how to remove it or install the drivers.

Im using a Asus Maximus Formula & Ive tried to push the delete button to run setup & it does nothing & the tab to enter the bios, wich turns aroun & shows press F8 for BBS pop up, wich wont work & Alt & F2 to execute Asus Ez Flash wich wont work either & it shows me that my hard drive is installed as an Ide.

All I keep seing at the title screen is no ide hard drive detected press F1 to continue & it takes me to windows that I installed wich wont run right.

Can U people Please help me out // lol // with my dumb first time install sata mistake. Thanks

Ps. I didnt know if I shoud put the hard drive into my buddies pc & try 2 format it that way, didnt know if it would work with mine & his at the same time. Please Help!!

The Dead Man

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2007
Nope, Unfortunatly I can connect to the net & I didnt see the part where ur suposed to put in the the floppy drive info to make it run right & I dont know how to fix this.

The Dead Man

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2007
Can I put my hard drive into my buddies pc & format it or is it gonna have issues with his hard drive , like my Ide hard drives were having, my Ide hdds wont let me use master or slave, just Cm. //

The Dead Man

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2007
This is my new Rig that I bought & put together, cause my Ide was an old dino, lol, my new Rig is a Q6600 with an Asus Maximus Formula 2 Gigs of Ram in it for right now, cause the other 2Gigs are waitn to get put in ,, but I wanna straightn out my 320Gig sata2 out first.

roadrunner197069

Splendid
Sep 3, 2007
Well if can get in the Bios set your cd/dvd rom drive to boot 1st and you can reformat from your windows disk. If you cant get into bios you need to reset cmos and unplug your PSU from the wall and try again. Unplugging should get you rolling if you cant get in Bios.

croc

Distinguished
BANNED
Sep 14, 2005

I'm confused... You want to run RAID? If not, don't fix what's not broke. No RAID, no RAID drivers (or any other drivers for that matter) required. As already stated bu geofelt, you are good to go.