Sign in with
Your question

Sound card issue with vista

Last response: in Components
August 25, 2007 2:45:15 PM

I have recently bought some new parts for the inside of my computer. I am still using my old sound card though because its really not that old. It's an Audigy 2 ZS (Creative Sound Blaster). I've tried the new beta drivers to try and fix the problem but i kept getting an error when installing them. The problem I am getting is that the sound and microphone will randomly give out and not work. Sometimes it doesn't even work right when i turn on the computer, but other times it will give out randomly. I think i have the drivers installed even though when i tried to put those in, more errors popped up. The media source and the settings program doesn't work. I'm not sure what to do anymore. Any suggestions?
Thanks

More about : sound card issue vista

August 25, 2007 3:16:01 PM

What's your OS?
August 25, 2007 3:20:41 PM

vista home premium 32-bit
Related resources
August 25, 2007 3:35:21 PM

weston said:
I have recently bought some new parts for the inside of my computer. I am still using my old sound card though because its really not that old. It's an Audigy 2 ZS (Creative Sound Blaster). I've tried the new beta drivers to try and fix the problem but i kept getting an error when installing them. The problem I am getting is that the sound and microphone will randomly give out and not work. Sometimes it doesn't even work right when i turn on the computer, but other times it will give out randomly. I think i have the drivers installed even though when i tried to put those in, more errors popped up. The media source and the settings program doesn't work. I'm not sure what to do anymore. Any suggestions?
Thanks

Drivers updated from the web will comply with UAA standards. However, due to Microsoft's new Windows Vista™ architecture, some features may be lost. Please refer to the Web Release Notes (WRN) found with the new driver downloads for details.

In addition, the Creative Speaker Settings will not automatically synchronize with Windows Vista™ Speaker Settings.

http://193.95.171.83/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE/,/?St=446,...(9286)

August 25, 2007 4:20:45 PM

alright so i downloaded the new drivers for it and media source player. The sound is working now, but like before it took a few hours and it turned off again. The problem i have now is that i have no control over the creative volume control and all the settings. When i try to do diagnostics, it stops at hardware detection and says the only way to fix it is to take the card out and put it back in. Well i did that and it didn't help, i know its in right and the one cord from the sc to the dvd drive is there. I dont understand how i can get the soundblaster settings to work
August 25, 2007 4:57:00 PM

I stopped using the Audigys I own in my Vista systems. I'm skipping the Xfi series for my Vista systems. I will wait a while to purchase 24 bit sound cards. I went back to onboard sound using Vista for now.
August 25, 2007 5:31:35 PM

yea well, no sound blaster means no subwoofer. the onboard doesnt support it and from what i can hear, it just doesnt sound very good either. so please does anyone else have any suggestions that could help?
August 25, 2007 5:42:08 PM

Audigys are terrible with Vista. Onboard is better than an Audigy. Buying an Xfi might work for you, but your Audigy will fall on it's face with Vista.
August 25, 2007 6:07:10 PM

Have you tried the KX drivers for vista?

They work great with my sb Live! 5.1... They are compatible with audigy too, so try them.

The version wich i know for sure works with vista is 3538
August 25, 2007 6:11:45 PM

where do you get the driver?
!