• Thermaltake

Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Something not listed

Votes: 7 21.2%

• Total voters

mm_vr

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2007
So, answer to the question and if you answered "Something not listed" you can post the answer here below.

cb62fcni

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2006
I'll second FSP. OCZ, Seasonic, PCP&C. Gigabyte's new Odin looks like a promising entry in the high-end PSU market with great components, build quality, and efficiency, plus the software controls are just kinda cool, if of limited utility. Overall, I think the market for PSU's is definately looking up. There are still tons of crap floating around, but the big boys at the top are delivering quality, stability and efficiency for fair (but high) prices.

mm_vr

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2007
Oh, I'm sorry that I didn't put seasonic on that list.

PS. How can I see the results? If I click on "See results" it just says that I've already voted.

cb62fcni

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2006

Sorry, didn't realize you were being sarcastic.

zenmaster

Splendid
Feb 21, 2006
I was pointing out that Corsair does not make any PSUs. Rather Seasonic makes all of the Corsair PSUs and they also make many of the PC Power and Cooling, though PCP&C does make some of their own as well. I also know RoseWill does not make any PSUs. I'm sure many of the others on the list also just OEM their CPUs from other companies.

cb62fcni

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2006

Yep, same with OCZ and FSP. I just thought you weren't aware of Corsair marketing PSU's with their name on them. But hey, as long as they quality is there, it's good for the market. OCZ and Corsair both are using very good quality parts. Rosewill, not so much.

FSP - makes OCZ's current lineup of gameextremes and stealthxtremes
Seasonic - Makes some of antec's PSU's, Some PCP&C [silencer series i believe], and Corsairs psus.

Not that it matters but people still have a loyalty to one company over another. in some cases paying extra for one psu over another means nothing and you get the same one, just re badged.