amd or intel

Hello!

Please help to select AMD or Intel:

Intel® Core™2 Duo Desktop Processor E6550 + Motherboard P5K ASUS Super Memspeed Technology

or

AMD Athlon 64 X2 5600+ Socket AM2 BOX + GIGABYTE GA-M57SLI-S4 (AM2) NFORCE570 SLI SOUND GBL DDR2 800MHZ

Thank You
12 answers Last reply
More about intel
  1. the first one , x2 5600 is @ 2.8 and e6550 is @ 2.3 , and they perform near each other , check out the charts for more info , but e6550 is a great OCer , and when it comes to OCing , Core2Duo wins
  2. I hate to say it but Maziar is right, amd is getting whipped right now.
  3. The e6550 kicks the as-s out of the 5600+
  4. You can get a nice $50 Gigabyte Mobo for AMD @NewEgg and a decent X2 CPU for $65. This is much less than you can get any C2D w/ a Decent Mobo. This will give you extra money for a good GPU if you don't have much money.

However, Even the cheap E2160 for $90 when OC'd to it's potential will beat any current AMD processor in most tasks when fully OC'd.

So, there really is no point to any mid-range AMD CPU other than non-analytical favoratism.
  5. Thank You so much, so I go Intel® Core™2 Duo Desktop Processor E6550 + Motherboard P5K ASUS .

Could You please recommend me a Grafic Card under 100$ (not for a gamer).

Thank You in forward
  6. nvidia 8500gt or ati 2600 pro , they are under $100 and have dx10 support too
  7. Rabidpeanut said:
    I hate to say it but Maziar is right, amd is getting whipped right now.

I am an Intel fanboy but I'm not stupid, I hope AMD does make a comeback because when companies compete you win.
  8. I would go for the 2600 over the 8500 if i were you.
  9. well as long as he doesnt do gsming ,then he shall go with the cheapest one
  10. Go for the 2600, better as an overall package, with all the HD support and attachments.
  11. In my opinion, support the company that appeals to you at this point, as price/performance is factored into the prices. AMD has an Apple-type following and is the underdog, and they take great care in their products. I paid 119$ CAD for an Opty 165 S939 and the stock cooler has heatpipes even. I am happier with a slower system that I am proud of which is probably how most people feel as AMD is still around... And yes, I will support Barcelona, Phenom, Fusion, etc. when it comes out too, even if they are a fair amount slower than Intel offerings, I am sure it will be "fast enough".
  12. After learning the prices and specifications, I think that most important for a Video card for a bit tomoorow day are DDR3, DirectX 10, and of course price.

I would decline next cards:

1. Radeon HD 2400XT Sonic 69$

2. GeForce® 8500GT Sonic 93$

3. Radeon HD 2600PRO Sonic 99$

Please advice is it correct??? (2 and 3 may be vice versa)

Thank You
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs AMD Intel