LOGON SERVER UNAVAILABLE

On Sat, 14 May 2005 23:09:08 -0400, "George Johnson"
<matrix29@voyager.net> wrote:

> The COH webpage says the servers are fine, COH TEST is working, but I
>keep getting "LOGON SERVER UNAVAILABLE" (for the past couple of days).
>
>http://www.cityofheroes.com/servers/index.html

Configure your software firewall properly.

"Quantum Tarantino" <QuantumTarantino@Gmail.com> wrote in message
| On Sat, 14 May 2005 23:09:08 -0400, "George Johnson"
| <matrix29@voyager.net> wrote:
|
| > The COH webpage says the servers are fine, COH TEST is working, but I
| >keep getting "LOGON SERVER UNAVAILABLE" (for the past couple of days).
| >
| >http://www.cityofheroes.com/servers/index.html
| >

| Configure your software firewall properly.

I can log onto COH TEST fine (by the way, the text in the MANAGE
ENHANCEMENTS screen there is still too tiny, but was fine on the live
servers0.
I have even turned off my firewall to see if that was the problem, no
luck there.
I still cannot log back onto the live servers since the last server
outage on the FREEDOM server shortly after the last update hit.

I have ran the "VERIFY FILES" routine all of the files were fine
although the buttons still do not show any text as it has been since the
last 5 months.

"George Johnson" <matrix29@voyager.net> looked up from reading the
say:

>"Quantum Tarantino" <QuantumTarantino@Gmail.com> wrote in message
>| On Sat, 14 May 2005 23:09:08 -0400, "George Johnson"
>| <matrix29@voyager.net> wrote:
>|
>| > The COH webpage says the servers are fine, COH TEST is working, but I
>| >keep getting "LOGON SERVER UNAVAILABLE" (for the past couple of days).

Server status just shows the games servers, it does NOT show the login
servers.

>| Configure your software firewall properly.
>
> I can log onto COH TEST fine (by the way, the text in the MANAGE
>ENHANCEMENTS screen there is still too tiny, but was fine on the live
>servers0.

This is irrelevant, since the test and live servers have different logon
servers.

[Just after the last time I changed timecards, I could log onto live
just fine, but the test server kept telling me I didn't have an active
account. It had been copied over during the 6hour or so period the
between one card expiring and the next code being entered, and it was
another day or so before the live info was copied over again and I could
access test again.]

> I have even turned off my firewall to see if that was the problem, no
>luck there.
> I still cannot log back onto the live servers since the last server
>outage on the FREEDOM server shortly after the last update hit.

It may be that you simply cannot access the address the server is
located at.
Have you flushed dns?

Have you contacted tech support?
If the last time you were on was when a server crashed, there may be
something wrong with your account.
While this shouldn't bring up that error message, we don't know that
cryptic's programmers actually coded proper error messages for
everything.

> I have ran the "VERIFY FILES" routine all of the files were fine
>although the buttons still do not show any text as it has been since the
>last 5 months.

I too have the solid blue buttons - lord knows what Cryptic changed to
do this, but they haven't managed to undo it yet.

Xocyll

On Sun, 15 May 2005 04:20:23 -0400, "George Johnson"
<matrix29@voyager.net> wrote:

>"Quantum Tarantino" <QuantumTarantino@Gmail.com> wrote in message
>| On Sat, 14 May 2005 23:09:08 -0400, "George Johnson"
>| <matrix29@voyager.net> wrote:
>|
>| > The COH webpage says the servers are fine, COH TEST is working, but I
>| >keep getting "LOGON SERVER UNAVAILABLE" (for the past couple of days).
>| >
>| >http://www.cityofheroes.com/servers/index.html
>| >

>| Configure your software firewall properly.
>
> I can log onto COH TEST fine (by the way, the text in the MANAGE
>ENHANCEMENTS screen there is still too tiny, but was fine on the live
>servers0.
> I have even turned off my firewall to see if that was the problem, no
>luck there.
> I still cannot log back onto the live servers since the last server
>outage on the FREEDOM server shortly after the last update hit.
>
> I have ran the "VERIFY FILES" routine all of the files were fine
>although the buttons still do not show any text as it has been since the
>last 5 months.

If the Login server Unavailable message is the one youre getting,
something is blocking you from logging in.

Are you certain the firewall is disabled?
How did you disable it?

Quantum Tarantino wrote:
> On Sun, 15 May 2005 04:20:23 -0400, "George Johnson"
> <matrix29@voyager.net> wrote:
>

>>"Quantum Tarantino" <QuantumTarantino@Gmail.com> wrote in message

>>| Configure your software firewall properly.
>>
>> I can log onto COH TEST fine (by the way, the text in the MANAGE
>>ENHANCEMENTS screen there is still too tiny, but was fine on the live
>>servers0.
>> I have even turned off my firewall to see if that was the problem, no
>>luck there.
>> I still cannot log back onto the live servers since the last server
>>outage on the FREEDOM server shortly after the last update hit.
>>
>> I have ran the "VERIFY FILES" routine all of the files were fine
>>although the buttons still do not show any text as it has been since the
>>last 5 months.
>>

> If the Login server Unavailable message is the one youre getting,
> something is blocking you from logging in.
>
> Are you certain the firewall is disabled?
> How did you disable it?

Which firewall is it? There's one (Kerio maybe?) that when I would
disable it, or even turn it off, it'd leave some stub running that would
interfere with me at times. It wasn't ZA though, that's what I went back
to (shudder) until I find one I like better again. I'm in firewall-flux :).

--
http://www.simplerich.com/blog

Read my book!!!

"Xocyll" <Xocyll@kingston.net> wrote in message
| "George Johnson" <matrix29@voyager.net> looked up from reading the
| entrails of the porn spammer to utter "The Augury is good, the signs
| say:
|
| >"Quantum Tarantino" <QuantumTarantino@Gmail.com> wrote in message
| >| On Sat, 14 May 2005 23:09:08 -0400, "George Johnson"
| >| <matrix29@voyager.net> wrote:
| >|

| Server status just shows the games servers, it does NOT show the login
| servers.
|
| >| Configure your software firewall properly.
| >
| > I can log onto COH TEST fine (by the way, the text in the MANAGE
| >ENHANCEMENTS screen there is still too tiny, but was fine on the live
| >servers0.
|
| This is irrelevant, since the test and live servers have different logon
| servers.
|
| [Just after the last time I changed timecards, I could log onto live
| just fine, but the test server kept telling me I didn't have an active
| account. It had been copied over during the 6hour or so period the
| between one card expiring and the next code being entered, and it was
| another day or so before the live info was copied over again and I could
| access test again.]
|
| > I have even turned off my firewall to see if that was the problem, no
| >luck there.
| > I still cannot log back onto the live servers since the last server
| >outage on the FREEDOM server shortly after the last update hit.
|
| It may be that you simply cannot access the address the server is
| located at.
| Have you flushed dns?
|
| Have you contacted tech support?
| If the last time you were on was when a server crashed, there may be
| something wrong with your account.
| While this shouldn't bring up that error message, we don't know that
| cryptic's programmers actually coded proper error messages for
| everything.
|
| > I have ran the "VERIFY FILES" routine all of the files were fine
| >although the buttons still do not show any text as it has been since the
| >last 5 months.
|
| I too have the solid blue buttons - lord knows what Cryptic changed to
| do this, but they haven't managed to undo it yet.
|
| Xocyll
| --

I'm going to try copying the COH TEST files over my live server files
and seeing if that fixes it (cannot find my original install disks).

I'm beginning to ponder that maybe I got hit by the "Serious COH bug"
listed on May 11th by Marcel Beaudoin. I was in a mission then the FREEDOM
server crashed. Since FREEDOM was down for quite a few hours I went back to
playing NEVERWINTER NIGHTS for awhile. I didn't try logging back in for a
few days after that. When I did I was getting the LOGON SERVERS UNAVAILABLE
problem on the main servers, but not on COH TEST.

I'll report back in later, but I also figure if I am a victim of that
bug I should check my account to see if that is working right too (though I
assume that I would get a different error message in that case).