Comcast Pay per view - In HD?

Last response: in Home Theatre
Share
March 31, 2005 5:29:40 PM

Archived from groups: rec.video.cable-tv,alt.tv.tech.hdtv (More info?)

Does anyone know if the pay per view events bought via comcast cable
are broadcast in HD? Specifically, the UFC event on April 16th.

I know they are filmed in HD but I've never bought a pay per view
event from Comcast, will the pay per view display in HD?

Thanks,
Sean

More about : comcast pay view

Anonymous
April 1, 2005 5:06:28 AM

Sean wrote:
> Does anyone know if the pay per view events bought via comcast cable
> are broadcast in HD? Specifically, the UFC event on April 16th.
>
> I know they are filmed in HD but I've never bought a pay per view
> event from Comcast, will the pay per view display in HD?

INHD is actually a real network, its not pay per view. They show shows,
movies (mostly older films), sports, and other types of things. The UFC
stuff is older events but they are still worth watching.

Great stuff by the way.

Brian The Demolition Man Little
Anonymous
April 1, 2005 12:22:45 PM

Sean wrote:

> Does anyone know if the pay per view events bought via comcast cable
> are broadcast in HD? Specifically, the UFC event on April 16th.
>
> I know they are filmed in HD but I've never bought a pay per view
> event from Comcast, will the pay per view display in HD?
>
> Thanks,
> Sean

PPV - no. OnDemand - possibly
Related resources
April 1, 2005 7:55:49 PM

On Fri, 01 Apr 2005 08:22:45 -0700, Ed Nielsen <egnlsn@comcast.net>
wrote:

>Sean wrote:
>
>> Does anyone know if the pay per view events bought via comcast cable
>> are broadcast in HD? Specifically, the UFC event on April 16th.
>>
>> I know they are filmed in HD but I've never bought a pay per view
>> event from Comcast, will the pay per view display in HD?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Sean
>
>PPV - no. OnDemand - possibly

Some on demand shows are in HD and are listed as HDTV in the on demand
menu. Haven't tried one yet though.
Thumper
To reply drop XYZ in address
Anonymous
April 2, 2005 3:48:14 AM

"Brian The Demolition Man Little" <a@b.c> wrote:

>INHD is actually a real network, its not pay per view. They show shows,
>movies (mostly older films), sports, and other types of things. The UFC
>stuff is older events but they are still worth watching.

I regularly Tivo their "What's Showing" segment.
It gives you a half-hour of movie theater trailers.
April 2, 2005 5:41:32 PM

Archived from groups: rec.video.cable-tv,alt.tv.tech.hdtv (More info?)

On DEMAND = No.

"Ed Nielsen" <egnlsn@comcast.net> wrote in message
> Sean wrote:
>
>> Does anyone know if the pay per view events bought via comcast cable
>> are broadcast in HD? Specifically, the UFC event on April 16th.
>>
>> I know they are filmed in HD but I've never bought a pay per view
>> event from Comcast, will the pay per view display in HD?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Sean
>
> PPV - no. OnDemand - possibly

April 2, 2005 5:45:54 PM

I see many listed as Widescreen, but none as HD. Can you give me a current
example on your box? Thanks.

MGoBlue

"Thumper" <jaylsmithXYZ@comcast.net> wrote in message
> On Fri, 01 Apr 2005 08:22:45 -0700, Ed Nielsen <egnlsn@comcast.net>
> wrote:
>
>>Sean wrote:
>>
>>> Does anyone know if the pay per view events bought via comcast cable
>>> are broadcast in HD? Specifically, the UFC event on April 16th.
>>>
>>> I know they are filmed in HD but I've never bought a pay per view
>>> event from Comcast, will the pay per view display in HD?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Sean
>>
>>PPV - no. OnDemand - possibly
>

> Some on demand shows are in HD and are listed as HDTV in the on demand
> menu. Haven't tried one yet though.
> Thumper
> To reply drop XYZ in address

April 2, 2005 9:05:24 PM

On Sat, 2 Apr 2005 13:45:54 -0500, "MGoBlue" <nospam@anytime.net>
wrote:

>I see many listed as Widescreen, but none as HD. Can you give me a current
>example on your box? Thanks.
>
>MGoBlue

Go to On Demand, click the "movies" box. Just to the right is a box
called "HDTV movies", Click that and under it lists
Anchorman HD
Collateral HD
First mp./China HD
Myst./Maya HD
Shark tale HD
Shrek 2 HD
Surv. Christmas HD
The Terminal HD

As I said, I don't know if they are really in HD but that's what they
say. I didn't try any yet because I saw them all and they are
probably pay movies. I'm in western Massachusetts.
Thumper
>"Thumper" <jaylsmithXYZ@comcast.net> wrote in message
>> On Fri, 01 Apr 2005 08:22:45 -0700, Ed Nielsen <egnlsn@comcast.net>
>> wrote:

>>>PPV - no. OnDemand - possibly
>>

>> Some on demand shows are in HD and are listed as HDTV in the on demand
>> menu. Haven't tried one yet though.
>> Thumper
>> To reply drop XYZ in address

>http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! 120,000+ Newsgroups
>----= East and West-Coast Server Farms - Total Privacy via Encryption =----

To reply drop XYZ in address
April 8, 2005 4:00:30 PM

On Thu, 31 Mar 2005 13:29:40 -0500, Sean <ss@yahoo.com> wrote:

>Does anyone know if the pay per view events bought via comcast cable
>are broadcast in HD? Specifically, the UFC event on April 16th.
>
>I know they are filmed in HD but I've never bought a pay per view
>event from Comcast, will the pay per view display in HD?
>
>Thanks,
>Sean

Just to clarify, I'm talking about a Pay Per View event.

Not On-Demand or what shows on the INHD channels.

I emailed Comcast Customer support and the answer I got
back was the Pay per View event will display in HD if my TV
supports it.

Sean
Anonymous
April 8, 2005 8:00:41 PM

Archived from groups: rec.video.cable-tv,alt.tv.tech.hdtv (More info?)

This could certainly vary depending on each individual system and how they
have assigned bandwidth.

weitrhino

"Sean" <ss@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> On Thu, 31 Mar 2005 13:29:40 -0500, Sean <ss@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> >Does anyone know if the pay per view events bought via comcast cable
> >are broadcast in HD? Specifically, the UFC event on April 16th.
> >
> >I know they are filmed in HD but I've never bought a pay per view
> >event from Comcast, will the pay per view display in HD?
> >
> >Thanks,
> >Sean
>
> Just to clarify, I'm talking about a Pay Per View event.
>
> Not On-Demand or what shows on the INHD channels.
>
> I emailed Comcast Customer support and the answer I got
> back was the Pay per View event will display in HD if my TV
> supports it.
>
> Sean
Anonymous
April 9, 2005 12:35:44 AM

Sean wrote:
> On Thu, 31 Mar 2005 13:29:40 -0500, Sean <ss@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>> Does anyone know if the pay per view events bought via comcast cable
>> are broadcast in HD? Specifically, the UFC event on April 16th.
>>
>> I know they are filmed in HD but I've never bought a pay per view
>> event from Comcast, will the pay per view display in HD?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Sean
>
> Just to clarify, I'm talking about a Pay Per View event.
>
> Not On-Demand or what shows on the INHD channels.
>
> I emailed Comcast Customer support and the answer I got
> back was the Pay per View event will display in HD if my TV
> supports it.
>
> Sean

Aren't some of their On Demand HD selections the same as some of the PPV?
Anonymous
April 13, 2005 11:59:04 AM

Archived from groups: rec.video.cable-tv,alt.tv.tech.hdtv (More info?)

Cool. I am thinking about ordering the UFC event. Are all PPVs in HD?
April 18, 2005 6:13:03 PM

On Fri, 08 Apr 2005 12:00:30 -0400, Sean <ss@yahoo.com> wrote:

>On Thu, 31 Mar 2005 13:29:40 -0500, Sean <ss@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>>Does anyone know if the pay per view events bought via comcast cable
>>are broadcast in HD? Specifically, the UFC event on April 16th.
>>
>>I know they are filmed in HD but I've never bought a pay per view
>>event from Comcast, will the pay per view display in HD?
>>
>>Thanks,
>>Sean
>
>Just to clarify, I'm talking about a Pay Per View event.
>
>Not On-Demand or what shows on the INHD channels.
>
>I emailed Comcast Customer support and the answer I got
>back was the Pay per View event will display in HD if my TV
>supports it.
>
>Sean

Following up on my own posts...

The pay-per-view event did NOT display in HD sat night.

I have an email into Comcast customer support and will report what
they have to say.

Sean
Anonymous
April 19, 2005 1:58:13 AM

Sean <ss@yahoo.com> wrote:

>On Fri, 08 Apr 2005 12:00:30 -0400, Sean <ss@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>>On Thu, 31 Mar 2005 13:29:40 -0500, Sean <ss@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>
>>>Does anyone know if the pay per view events bought via comcast cable
>>>are broadcast in HD? Specifically, the UFC event on April 16th.
>>>
>>>I know they are filmed in HD but I've never bought a pay per view
>>>event from Comcast, will the pay per view display in HD?
>>>
>>>Thanks,
>>>Sean
>>
>>Just to clarify, I'm talking about a Pay Per View event.
>>
>>Not On-Demand or what shows on the INHD channels.
>>
>>I emailed Comcast Customer support and the answer I got
>>back was the Pay per View event will display in HD if my TV
>>supports it.
>>
>>Sean
>
>Following up on my own posts...
>
>The pay-per-view event did NOT display in HD sat night.
>
>I have an email into Comcast customer support and will report what
>they have to say.

My prediction:

"Dear Sean,
We are sorry that the Pay per View Event you asked us about
did not display as we led you to expect.

We will gladly reimburse you for any portion of the Event that
you did not watch with the portion of your money that we did not
spend.

Comcast Customer Support"
;-)

joemooreaterolsdotcom
April 19, 2005 2:49:42 PM

Archived from groups: rec.video.cable-tv,alt.tv.tech.hdtv (More info?)

On Mon, 18 Apr 2005 21:58:13 GMT, Joe Moore <munged@bad.example.com>
wrote:

>Sean <ss@yahoo.com> wrote:

>>>Just to clarify, I'm talking about a Pay Per View event.
>>>
>>>Not On-Demand or what shows on the INHD channels.
>>>
>>>I emailed Comcast Customer support and the answer I got
>>>back was the Pay per View event will display in HD if my TV
>>>supports it.
>>>
>>>Sean
>>
>>Following up on my own posts...
>>
>>The pay-per-view event did NOT display in HD sat night.
>>
>>I have an email into Comcast customer support and will report what
>>they have to say.
>
>My prediction:
>
>"Dear Sean,
>We are sorry that the Pay per View Event you asked us about
>did not display as we led you to expect.
>
>We will gladly reimburse you for any portion of the Event that
>you did not watch with the portion of your money that we did not
>spend.
>
>Comcast Customer Support"
>;-)
>

>joemooreaterolsdotcom

Close, but not quite.

Here is what i got from Comcast. It appears that in order to view it
in HD you need to order it via the INDEMAND menu.

I am sorry that you were not able to view this event in the format
that you wanted. The event should have been available in both the
analog format on channel 401, as well as the high definition format on
channel 881 if the program was not ordered on channel 881 this may
have been why you did not see it in HDTV. As we did not give you
enough information when you asked us the first time, we will as a
courtesy for you, issue 50% off the event this one time. You will see
the credit reflected in you next billing statement.

I guess I can live with that altho it would have been nice to see it
in HD. It was a great event.

Sean
Anonymous
April 20, 2005 2:40:43 AM

Archived from groups: rec.video.cable-tv,alt.tv.tech.hdtv (More info?)

Let me get this straight. ...You weren't capable of looking in your guide
feature, or searching the title through the menu to see it was available to
ou in HD all along, but you "can live with" the fact that they gave you half
off the event?

That's priceless. INDEMAND is PPV. You have noone to blame but yourself.
The answer was in front of your nose the whole time.

I don't even know what the event you anticipated was, but I'm willing to bet
it was some o' that wrasslin stuff.

news:p g6a6114euamlb9rgdkq8tceabogonicl3@4ax.com...
> On Mon, 18 Apr 2005 21:58:13 GMT, Joe Moore <munged@bad.example.com>
> wrote:
>
> >Sean <ss@yahoo.com> wrote:

> >>Following up on my own posts...
> >>
> >>The pay-per-view event did NOT display in HD sat night.
> >>
> >>I have an email into Comcast customer support and will report what
> >>they have to say.
> >
> >My prediction:
> >
> >"Dear Sean,
> >We are sorry that the Pay per View Event you asked us about
> >did not display as we led you to expect.
> >
> >We will gladly reimburse you for any portion of the Event that
> >you did not watch with the portion of your money that we did not
> >spend.
> >
> >Comcast Customer Support"
> >;-)
> >

> >joemooreaterolsdotcom
>
> Close, but not quite.
>
> Here is what i got from Comcast. It appears that in order to view it
> in HD you need to order it via the INDEMAND menu.
>

> I am sorry that you were not able to view this event in the format
> that you wanted. The event should have been available in both the
> analog format on channel 401, as well as the high definition format on
> channel 881 if the program was not ordered on channel 881 this may
> have been why you did not see it in HDTV. As we did not give you
> enough information when you asked us the first time, we will as a
> courtesy for you, issue 50% off the event this one time. You will see
> the credit reflected in you next billing statement.
>

> I guess I can live with that altho it would have been nice to see it
> in HD. It was a great event.
>
> Sean
Anonymous
April 20, 2005 11:25:04 PM

Sean wrote:
> On Tue, 19 Apr 2005 22:40:43 -0400, "weitrhino"
> <weitrhino@spamfree.net> wrote:
>
>> Let me get this straight. ...You weren't capable of looking in your
>> guide feature, or searching the title through the menu to see it was
>> available to ou in HD all along, but you "can live with" the fact
>> that they gave you half off the event?
>>
>> That's priceless. INDEMAND is PPV. You have noone to blame but
>> yourself. The answer was in front of your nose the whole time.
>>
>> I don't even know what the event you anticipated was, but I'm
>> willing to bet it was some o' that wrasslin stuff.
>>
>> weitrhino
>>

> Get this straight you top posting moron, I emailed Comcast and asked
> if the PPV event would display in HD. They said if I had digital cable
> and an HDTV to just order it and it would display in HD.

Of course, the chances are slim to none that you will get an answer from
someone at Comcast that actually knows what they are talking about. Phone
(and email) drones.
!