Last response: in Systems
August 23, 2007 8:53:16 PM

evga 8800 gtx
gigabyte p35-ds3r
quad 6600
antec truepower trio 650w
2g crucial
2 raptor 74g

So i put in all of the components inside and tried to wire everything to the best of my ability since the directions in the manual were terrible. When i tried to turn it on nothing would happen. The green light with a lightbulb in the front was flashing. it has nothing to do with the power to the wall, its definitley the pc. Also when i do turn it on, i can get all 3 fans inside to twitch, almost like go a tiny bit then stop, go the stop, etc.. Im not sure what it could be. There is one slight problem i hav noticed though. The mostherboard doesnt quite reach the last mounting screw on two sides. The motherboard isnt touching the case at all though. Some advice would be nice

thanks guys

More about : computer wont start

August 23, 2007 9:15:26 PM

If you don't have the exact number of standoffs and/or all the mounting screws are not secure, that's likely your problem. Possible you HSF isn't secure, which usually will exhibit this behavior but even if that's it, you need to get that screw secured. Sometimes you have to gently wrestle with the mobo to get it into the case. Suggest you put in the first mounting on the bottom of the side that the board fits into the backplate but don't tighten it down, then push the board on the other side until it's in the backplate and then put in the top screw and alternate the others. Don't fully tighten the screws until all you have them all started. Getting boards to fit into the backplate can be a pain
August 23, 2007 9:17:30 PM

weston said:
evga 8800 gtx
gigabyte p35-ds3r
quad 6600
antec truepower trio 650w
2g crucial
2 raptor 74g

So i put in all of the components inside and tried to wire everything to the best of my ability since the directions in the manual were terrible. When i tried to turn it on nothing would happen. The green light with a lightbulb in the front was flashing. it has nothing to do with the power to the wall, its definitley the pc. Also when i do turn it on, i can get all 3 fans inside to twitch, almost like go a tiny bit then stop, go the stop, etc.. Im not sure what it could be. There is one slight problem i hav noticed though. The mostherboard doesnt quite reach the last mounting screw on two sides. The motherboard isnt touching the case at all though. Some advice would be nice

thanks guys

Problem could be a number of things, not to mention improper instalation of the system components including the processor. Check the 4/6 pin 12 v auxillary plug to the processor. Also, the 6 pin 12 v auxillary to the video card. You could reseat the video card and RAM. Be sure the power on button lead is connected to the front panel connector on the MB correctly. Could be a lot things causing it like I said. You may want to reinstall the CPU being sure it is seated correctly and there is no thermal grease on the pins.
!