Your question

4GB G.Skill.....no good?

Tags:
  • Memory
  • G.SKILL
  • Windows Vista
Last response: in Memory
September 5, 2007 3:37:48 PM

I'm running Windows Vista Ultimate 32 bit and i have 4GB's of G.Skill 800mhz ram installed. All is working well, but vista is giving it a 5.6 instead of 5.9. I' would ASSUME that 4gb's would get a 5.9... so is there something wrong with my memory?

I ran memtest86+ for 5 and a half hours.... and at that time, no errors were found. I ended it early because I had no idea how long it was going to take, and i thought it was running the test over and over again until i stopped. So.. memtest ran for 5 hours and 30 minutes, got to test 7 with no errors.

Any thoughts?

-jack

More about : 4gb skill good

September 5, 2007 3:56:42 PM

Perhap G.Skill did not may MS enough money for a high rating.

The Vista ratings are silly pointless matters.
Get another memory benchmarking tool and compare it to some results posted on-line.

In general, you would be hard pressed to tell the difference between run of the mill DDR2-800 or the most expensive DDR2-800 money could buy unless you were talking about how high you could OC the DDR2 memory.
September 5, 2007 3:59:58 PM

The WEI is not a real measure of performance anyway considering it's overall score is based on your GPU anyway. If the system is doing what you needed it to do, then it's fine.
September 5, 2007 4:33:47 PM

Also, you're running 32-bit, so the entire 4 GB of physical RAM won't be addressed.
Related resources
!