PS2 on CRT Monitor?

Ranger Chris

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2007
Hello. I've recently been trying to run a copy of Suikoden 3 (NTSC only, unfortunately) on my PAL PS2. While I've managed to get it working, I'm afraid that my TV is too old to display it properly. The picture appears in black and white. I phoned up Philips who made it and the customer servie representative advised me that it's 50hz only and doesn't support RGB. This seems strange to me, as the screen doesn't roll at all, and my Gamecube and my Wii both display in 60 hz just fine, but oh well.

I was wondering if there's a way for me to connect my PS2 to my monitor, and if the monitor will display an NTSC signal in colour properly. My monitor is a 17 inch CRT Fujitsu ErgoPro e174. Does anyone know of a way that I can hook my PS2 up to it?

Cheers

Ranger Chris

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2007
Okay, after some research I've decided to go for the Video Game Jockey Console to VGA Monitor adaptor as I think it'll do what I need. If anyone knows otherwise or has an opinion they'd like to share please let me know!

kyee7k

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2006
Although the Neoya adapter has repeatedly popped up on various websites
as one of the best vga adapter on the market, i've no experience with one.

http://www.x2vga.com/

Ranger Chris

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2007
Thanks. Unfortunately that adapter doesn't seem to be available in the UK. Hopefully the Startech one will do the job. I've been waiting to play Suikoden 3 for years now. Damn Konami for not releasing a PAL version!