rollover info missing

On my old Dell when I held my cursor over a jpeg, word.doc, folder or
other item the info box would pop up telling me the size of the file
and other info. Just received a new Dell but I can't figure out how to
turn that feature on! Does anyone have any ideas?
Thanks, Airpix

--
airpix

unrepper

Distinguished
May 15, 2005

open control panel switch to classic view open folder options the click view.
Scroll to the bottom and check show pop up description for folder and destop
items.
--
Don Kendrick

On Wed, 6 Jul 2005 00:59:13 +0000, airpix wrote:

> On my old Dell when I held my cursor over a jpeg, word.doc, folder or
> other item the info box would pop up telling me the size of the file
> and other info. Just received a new Dell but I can't figure out how to
> turn that feature on! Does anyone have any ideas?
> Thanks, Airpix

Unrepper has mentioned one setting that should be enabled. There is a
second setting in the same location that you may want to check off as well:
display file size information in folder tips.
--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

Byte

Why?..............
--
Some days you're the windshield,
some days you're the bug.

"David Candy" wrote:

> I'm only doing jpeg
> HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.jpeg
> HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\<default value from above key>
> HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\jpegfile
> HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\SystemFileAssociations\.jpeg
> HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\SystemFileAssociations\image
> HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*
> HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AllFilesystemObjects
> HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts\.jpeg
>
> Type Regedit in Start Run, Right click key above, Export as a reg file. Post here.
> "airpix" <airpix.1rqgdm@pcbanter.net> wrote in message news:airpix.1rqgdm@pcbanter.net...
> >
> > On my old Dell when I held my cursor over a jpeg, word.doc, folder or
> > other item the info box would pop up telling me the size of the file
> > and other info. Just received a new Dell but I can't figure out how to
> > turn that feature on! Does anyone have any ideas?
> > Thanks, Airpix
> >

> > --
> > airpix

Because the idiot would have installed 50 graphic programs and I don't know which ones he uses.

"Byte" <Byte@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BDCDF166-C09A-49FF-A053-DB23A7EFAD3B@microsoft.com...
> Why?..............
> --
> Some days you're the windshield,
> some days you're the bug.
>

> "David Candy" wrote:
>
>> I'm only doing jpeg
>> HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.jpeg
>> HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\<default value from above key>
>> HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\jpegfile
>> HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\SystemFileAssociations\.jpeg
>> HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\SystemFileAssociations\image
>> HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*
>> HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AllFilesystemObjects
>> HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts\.jpeg
>>
>> Type Regedit in Start Run, Right click key above, Export as a reg file. Post here.
>> --
>> http://webdiary.smh.com.au/archives/_comment/001075.html
>> "airpix" <airpix.1rqgdm@pcbanter.net> wrote in message news:airpix.1rqgdm@pcbanter.net...
>> >
>> > On my old Dell when I held my cursor over a jpeg, word.doc, folder or
>> > other item the info box would pop up telling me the size of the file
>> > and other info. Just received a new Dell but I can't figure out how to
>> > turn that feature on! Does anyone have any ideas?
>> > Thanks, Airpix
>> >

>> > --
>> > airpix

Byte

Wrong! Read the basic question again. All he is looking for is the info
pop-up.
Unrepper and Sharon answered the OP very appropriately and effectively.
You've got the individual, who may be a novice, screwing with the Registry
which
was not necessary.
--

"David Candy" wrote:

> Because the idiot would have installed 50 graphic programs and I don't know which ones he uses.

> "Byte" <Byte@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BDCDF166-C09A-49FF-A053-DB23A7EFAD3B@microsoft.com...
> > Why?..............
> > --
> > Some days you're the windshield,
> > some days you're the bug.
> >

> > "David Candy" wrote:
> >
> >> I'm only doing jpeg
> >> HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.jpeg
> >> HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\<default value from above key>
> >> HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\jpegfile
> >> HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\SystemFileAssociations\.jpeg
> >> HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\SystemFileAssociations\image
> >> HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*
> >> HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AllFilesystemObjects
> >> HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts\.jpeg
> >>
> >> Type Regedit in Start Run, Right click key above, Export as a reg file. Post here.
> >> --
> >> --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> >> http://webdiary.smh.com.au/archives/_comment/001075.html
> >> =================================================

You don't know what you are talking about. As the other posters are just wrong like you I don't see your point.

"Byte" <Byte@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:41AE6687-3BA9-4C49-AC50-5CC569B90250@microsoft.com...
> Wrong! Read the basic question again. All he is looking for is the info
> pop-up.
> Unrepper and Sharon answered the OP very appropriately and effectively.
> You've got the individual, who may be a novice, screwing with the Registry
> which
> was not necessary.
> --
> Some days you're the windshield,
> some days you're the bug.
>

> "David Candy" wrote:
>
>> Because the idiot would have installed 50 graphic programs and I don't know which ones he uses.
>>
>> --
>> http://webdiary.smh.com.au/archives/_comment/001075.html
>> "Byte" <Byte@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BDCDF166-C09A-49FF-A053-DB23A7EFAD3B@microsoft.com...
>> > Why?..............
>> > --
>> > Some days you're the windshield,
>> > some days you're the bug.

Byte

You're sick. Take two aspirins and repost in the morning!
--

"David Candy" wrote:

> You don't know what you are talking about. As the other posters are just wrong like you I don't see your point.

> "Byte" <Byte@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:41AE6687-3BA9-4C49-AC50-5CC569B90250@microsoft.com...
> > Wrong! Read the basic question again. All he is looking for is the info
> > pop-up.
> > Unrepper and Sharon answered the OP very appropriately and effectively.
> > You've got the individual, who may be a novice, screwing with the Registry
> > which
> > was not necessary.
> > --
> > Some days you're the windshield,
> > some days you're the bug.
> >

> > "David Candy" wrote:
> >
> >> Because the idiot would have installed 50 graphic programs and I don't know which ones he uses.
> >>
> >> --
> >> http://webdiary.smh.com.au/archives/_comment/001075.html

He obviously does't want his problem fixed.

This is what he said
"The pop-up info is there for the folders, word.docs, etc but not for image files, tiffs, jpegs, and the like."

So show pop up description setting is OBVIOUSLY set. And File size is just irrelevent.

So as you are wrong as usual (remember you posted to this thread just after I tried gently to point out to you you were wrong about more memory preventing crashes) perhaps you should just bow out.