`new pc for 2500 $, and got a problem, screen goes off while .....

kingzeze84

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2007
hello there, i got new gaming pc :

with all these option i got too much problem, first the screen goes off while installing, after couple times i got into of trying its complete but its goes off on windows too, second problem it freeze suddely if not screen is ok, i try to format maybe 3 times and update all the part , mother board and vga bios and still got the same problem, i going to open everything and start from the begining while that please if anybody got any idea please help.

your kingzeze

my pc is new and just out off the boxes:

asus striker exteme, intel core 2 duo e6750, corsair xms2 1x4gb 6400 800mhz, evga geforce gtx 8800 , 1 wd raptor 150 gb , 500 gb seagate 7200 rpm, 850 watt power supply thermaltake sli ready, thermaltake case kandalf, thermaltake take liquid cooling bigwater 745

the_politician

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2006
Sounds like it might be a RAM issue. If you have already tried reseating your RAM you are going to want to test it. Pick up a program called memtest86 (memtest.org), download the iso's .zip file and mount it to a CD. This will create a bootable CD. Boot you system off of it and let it run it's course. If you have any errors, then your RAM is most likely toast. I have had this problem with the same Corsair RAM as you twice now.

But don't worry! If you do get errors, go on over to AskTheRAMGuy.com, create a forum profile and report you error there. RAMGuy will tell you to fill out an online RMA and Corsair will send you an RMA and replace the RAM for free (you just have to pay for the shipping of your dead RAM to them).

Regardless, I recommend the AskTheRAMGuy.com forums to check up on all your Corsair memory related issues. Has great info, compatibility reports and an active tech staff with quick responses.

I'd also check the heatsink. It could be a heat problem. I see you have a Bigwater. Assuming the water block is tight against the CPU? the next issue would be circulation. Are you sure all the air is out of the system and the water is flowing freely? Can you read your cpu temps in your BIOS. If so post them here.

kingzeze84

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2007
thank you for your help, guss i will test my rams, my friend says the striker extreme got problem but i don't know. and for the liquid cooling its running smoothly and tem are 13-21 cpu and 20-32.

TRENDING THREADS