The Attack of the LOGOs

BaronMatrix

Splendid
Dec 14, 2005
Yes, everyone AMD has released yet another logo to complement the newly-released Barcelona Opteron logo.

This one is for Phenom and also to tick everyone off about not releasing chips with the logos.

This one popped up on Spanish site.

phenom2dq5.jpg

Is this a sign that Phenom will pop up sooner rather than later?

In other news, something happened.

turpit

Splendid
Feb 12, 2006

Not likely,and considering the last time AMD released anything really "new" (the higher binned EOL 6400 doesnt really count as anthing "new"), it was Phenom Logo REV 1 in mid June, and it is now end of august, the next thing to "pop" up should be Phenom logo REV 3.0 in mid november.

amdphenomlogo.jpg

BTW, have you picked a number yet? or decided to fess up?

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/f...rint=0&numreponse=0&quote_only=0&new=0&nojs=0

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/f...rint=0&numreponse=0&quote_only=0&new=0&nojs=0

BaronMatrix

Splendid
Dec 14, 2005

Wow, didn't I say it would just piss people off?

As far as your share numbers, I believe I posted the Mercury numbers which obviously meant those were the numbers to use. They were slightly off from my numbers, hence the reason for posting Mercury's chart.

turpit

Splendid
Feb 12, 2006

Yes in fact you did say that. But where, precisely, does my response appear to be 'pissed off'? Are you really sure its 'pissed off', or are you just saying that in an attempt to validate yourself? You see, its funny but I didnt see any words like "fanboy", "Horde" "Liar", "Paper launch", "hate", "suck" etc etc etc or anything else to indicate a 'pissed off' response. Perhaps you could point out precisely where this 'pissed off' response occurs:
Not likely,and considering the last time AMD released anything really "new" (the higher binned EOL 6400 doesnt really count as anthing "new" ), it was Phenom Logo REV 1 in mid June, and it is now end of august, the next thing to "pop" up should be Phenom logo REV 3.0 in mid november.
If there is anything 'pissed off' in there, I fail to identify it. What I do see is a statement of pretty much everything AMD has released this summer (not including AMD subsidiary ATI's products, or simulated benchmarks/press releases).....which amounts to 2 logos and an EOL bin.

No, you posted 3 distinctly different sets of numbers. Allow me to refresh your memory:

The first:
which indicates a recovery of %80
The Second:
which indicates a recovery of %71

The Third:
which indicates a recovery of %66

So again, I ask, have you chosen a set of numbers yet? Or were you intending to post another set?

BTW, have you decided to fess up yet?
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/ [...] w=0&nojs=0

BaronMatrix

Splendid
Dec 14, 2005
So again, I ask, have you chosen a set of numbers yet? Or were you intending to post another set?

BTW, have you decided to fess up yet?
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/ [...] w=0&nojs=0

I explained it once. I won't explain it again.

turpit

Splendid
Feb 12, 2006
No you didnt explain it, you made a statement, but it was not the truth. In fact, not only did you not explain that, but you have refused to chose a set of numbers. And, you also did not answer the question in this thread:

Yes in fact you did say that. But where, precisely, does my response appear to be 'pissed off'? Are you really sure its 'pissed off', or are you just saying that in an attempt to validate yourself? You see, its funny but I didnt see any words like "fanboy", "Horde" "Liar", "Paper launch", "hate", "suck" etc etc etc or anything else to indicate a 'pissed off' response. Perhaps you could point out precisely where this 'pissed off' response occurs:

Thats 3 unanswered questions.
1) Which set of numbers
2) Why did you really stop posting
3) What part of the response is 'pissed off'

That’s not the way the game is played. You’ve made statements, and they've been called. Time to show the cards. Ignoring the questions, vaguely segueing away from the topic or posting accusations in lieu of answers is not answering the questions.

Please answer the questions, and please tell everyone why you 'stopped' posting

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/f...t=&print=0&numreponse=0"e_only=0&new=0&nojs=0

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/f...=0&print=0&numreponse=0"e_only=0&new=0&nojs=0

vylo

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2006

They don't :kaola:

turpit

Splendid
Feb 12, 2006

What about car back-seat scenes?

BaronMatrix

Splendid
Dec 14, 2005
Thats 3 unanswered questions.
1) Which set of numbers
2) Why did you really stop posting
3) What part of the response is 'pissed off'

That’s not the way the game is played. You’ve made statements, and they've been called. Time to show the cards. Ignoring the questions, vaguely segueing away from the topic or posting accusations in lieu of answers is not answering the questions.

Please answer the questions, and please tell everyone why you 'stopped' posting

I answered your questions.
1. When I got OFFICIAL numbers I used them.
2.You all make me sick when you should ALL HAIL THE DUOPOLY.
3. Since you're looking for some serious stuff, you didn't get the joke.

turpit

Splendid
Feb 12, 2006

No, you didnt. You did provide responses, but you have not yet provided answers, so yet again, I must ask the questions.

Yes, you did post the mercury chart......your second set of numbers, in which you claimed

But this was not your final set of numbers, your third and final set of numbers was:

So once again, which set, the second set from the mercury chart, or the third set?

In regards to the second question, the response you provided was:

The question was

I suppose that could be considered an answer, however, we both know it is not the answer to the question. But it certainly does raise yet another question: If we 'all make you sick' then why do you still post here?

The third question was: What part of the response is 'pissed off'

Apparently, I didnt. I found nothing either 'pissed off' or humourous in my response.
If the "joke" you are refering to is "something big is coming form AMD", and that it was only a revamped logo, then personally, I dont really find that funny....I find it sad. Sad that the best "something big" AMD can produce at the moment is an update of a simple identity graphic.

If this was the "joke" to which you were refering:
you're right, I didnt get it. It looked more like an accusation than a joke to me.
Or perhaps there is some other joke hidden within your post that I missed. So that is yet another question. This brings the total number of unanswered question up to 5, but at least we are narrowing one of them down.

1) Which set of numbers, the second set with the mecury chart, or the third set that came after the cart?
2) Why did you really stop posting? and the answer is not 'because we all make you sick'.
3) What part of the response is 'pissed off'?
4) If we 'all make you sick' then why are you still posting here?
5) What, exactly, is this "joke" to which you refer?

sailer

Splendid

In my younger years, I used to get a cheerleader in the seat of my Corvette. No back seat, mind you. I didn't mind, and neither did she. And she had nice "cones".

sailer

Splendid
It was a 1954 Corvette, with a roaring 265 cubic inch engine and a two speed automatic. Had a red metalflake paint job that sparkled very nicely under the lights. It was one of only twenty five V8's made that year. Sold it for $600, as everyone was getting 283 or 327 Vettes at the time. Now that old Vette is worth nearly a hundred grand. Wish I'd just stuck it in the garage.

g13man

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2006

lol

err wait , how do we know they are cheerleaders?