FloridaDude

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2007
Hi all,

Just threw together a new rig:

Gigabyte P35-DQ6
E6750 w/G-power lite fan
2 GB Corsair DDR2 PC8500 TwinX
4 500GB WD AAEA in a Raid 0+1 config (SATA)
Liteon 20X SATA DVD-R
Thermaltake Toughpower 750W w/ Antec 900 box
eVGA 8800 GTS

Video card is driving a 24" Gateway and a 19" Viewsonic VP930b (both of which I already had).

Total cost from NewEgg was around $1800.

I am considering putting in another 2 GB and the IDE DVD-R from my other box.

I don't game much anymore, just some WoW, but am up for suggestions for a few toys. I hear Call of Duty 3 is comming out, and I see the new Command & Conquer is out. Any suggestions?

FloridaDude

Solariscs

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2007
hey there, looks like a good rig. You don't really need the PSU or that RAM. Get some DDR2-800 and save some money. Also try the Corsair 520W PSU I think it'll give you more than enough. If you feel like you will need more in the future, try the Corsair 620W PSU, they are better quality than Thermaltake. It could save you a little money :).

If you have any questions let me know, msg me at aim or yahoo, Maximus9102

Gigabyte P35-DQ6 (be carefull! It is a very very good Mobo, but installing a good cpu cooler is a little difficult on this Mobo)

E6750 w/G-power lite fan (Try considering zalman9700 as a cpu cooler)

2 GB Corsair DDR2 PC8500 TwinX
4 500GB WD AAEA in a Raid 0+1 config (SATA)

Liteon 20X SATA DVD-R (Samsung 203b or 183L is also a good option)

Thermaltake Toughpower 750W w/ Antec 900 box (You don't need this much. Go for Solariscs's advice)

eVGA 8800 GTS (buy the 320MB version, it has more reasonable price)

FloridaDude

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2007
Hi Guys,

Yup, the systems built (ordered everything from NewEgg two weeks ago).

The stock box fan wouldn't fit on the Mobo, but it was a defect in that particular fan. A friend that put together the identical system had no trouble.

Thanks for the advice on the PSU. The Thermaltake is already in...guess I'll have some surplus.

I did get the 320MB version of the 8800...and it was quite reasonable.

Thanks for the input!

FD

See! I've told you! it is a little difficult to install the fan on Gigabyte P35-DQ6, but then again I have also build a quite similar system like yours for a friend, and difficult means that it is still possible but only a little difficult.

750W PSU? Be sure that you take advantage of it (OC OC OC OC :p ), or you just add more than necessary monthly burden on your electricity bills. But i don' know the performance from this G-power lite fan, so be carefull.

Enjoy your system.