Sign in with
Your question
Solved

After acer logo starts when computer turns on i have to choose and click windows

Last response: in Windows XP
February 18, 2010 10:04:17 AM

Hello,

I have recently reformatted my aspire one with windows xp home edition from a USB bootable flash drive. Everything went well as expected except for one thing.

When I turn on my computer, the acer logo appears then a page appears again which asks me to choose whether to start windows xp or repair it using USB. I have to always click the start windows xp before the windows logo appears and everyhting in windows is alright. I dont know how to fix this so that after the acer logo appears, windows logo comes next then desktop.

Please help
February 18, 2010 10:10:32 AM

Have you tried the "repair" option?
Related resources
February 18, 2010 10:30:30 AM

saran008 said:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/289022
This guide article will help you to solve your issue!

It says in the guide article that it is only for windows xp professional and not applicable to the home edition. Thanks anyways
February 18, 2010 10:33:01 AM

Ijack said:
Have you tried the "repair" option?

Yes i have tried the repair option but after reboot I now have three options. Two options were the same - windows xp home and one - still the repair windows from USB. If i try it again i will have another of the same option.
February 18, 2010 10:56:47 AM

Quote:
not applicable to the home edition.

Read that article once again! at the end it is said that:

APPLIES TO

* Microsoft Windows XP Professional
* Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition

Best solution

February 18, 2010 7:10:10 PM

^ +1
Check the boot.ini file. There should only be 1 line under the 'operating system' section. It should look similar to this:

multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Home" /noexecute=optin /fastdetect
March 2, 2010 4:03:33 AM

saran008 said:
Quote:
not applicable to the home edition.

Read that article once again! at the end it is said that:

APPLIES TO

* Microsoft Windows XP Professional
* Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition

Thanks to you and aford10. Your advises did the trick.
March 2, 2010 4:04:36 AM

aford10 said:
^ +1
Check the boot.ini file. There should only be 1 line under the 'operating system' section. It should look similar to this:

multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Home" /noexecute=optin /fastdetect

Thanks to you and saran0008. Your advices did the trick.
March 2, 2010 4:05:05 AM

Best answer selected by mar_bon.
!