Solved

After acer logo starts when computer turns on i have to choose and click windows

Hello,

I have recently reformatted my aspire one with windows xp home edition from a USB bootable flash drive. Everything went well as expected except for one thing.

When I turn on my computer, the acer logo appears then a page appears again which asks me to choose whether to start windows xp or repair it using USB. I have to always click the start windows xp before the windows logo appears and everyhting in windows is alright. I dont know how to fix this so that after the acer logo appears, windows logo comes next then desktop.

Please help
9 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about after acer logo starts computer turns choose click windows
  1. Have you tried the "repair" option?
  2. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/289022
    This guide article will help you to solve your issue!
  3. saran008 said:
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/289022
    This guide article will help you to solve your issue!


    It says in the guide article that it is only for windows xp professional and not applicable to the home edition. Thanks anyways
  4. Ijack said:
    Have you tried the "repair" option?


    Yes i have tried the repair option but after reboot I now have three options. Two options were the same - windows xp home and one - still the repair windows from USB. If i try it again i will have another of the same option.
  5. Quote:
    not applicable to the home edition.


    Read that article once again! at the end it is said that:

    APPLIES TO

    * Microsoft Windows XP Professional
    * Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
  6. Best answer
    ^ +1
    Check the boot.ini file. There should only be 1 line under the 'operating system' section. It should look similar to this:

    multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Home" /noexecute=optin /fastdetect
  7. saran008 said:
    Quote:
    not applicable to the home edition.


    Read that article once again! at the end it is said that:

    APPLIES TO

    * Microsoft Windows XP Professional
    * Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition



    Thanks to you and aford10. Your advises did the trick.
  8. aford10 said:
    ^ +1
    Check the boot.ini file. There should only be 1 line under the 'operating system' section. It should look similar to this:

    multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Home" /noexecute=optin /fastdetect



    Thanks to you and saran0008. Your advices did the trick.
  9. Best answer selected by mar_bon.
Ask a new question

Read More

Configuration Acer Computers Windows XP