Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Reinstalled audio drivers that came with motherboard, no sound now.

Last response: in Windows Vista
January 12, 2011 7:55:03 AM

The built-in speakers on my new screen weren't working, so I reinstalled the audio drivers that came on the disc that came with my motherboard. (the Motherboard is an Asus M4N68T-M). The driver was a 'VIA Audio Driver' which I assume are the drivers for the onboard sound. However when I restarted the PC after installation and clicked on the link to VDeck, it told me there was no longer a program where the desktop shortcut led. In addition it had installed a program called HD ADeck, which wasn't there before, however when it is opened I get a message that reads: HDeck does not support this OS version. Please update the audio driver.'

So, I'm really confused. Can anyone help me out with this? I really need sound back.

Thanks in advance.

Best solution

January 12, 2011 2:27:21 PM

xenonporcupine said:
The built-in speakers on my new screen weren't working, so I reinstalled the audio drivers that came on the disc that came with my motherboard. (the Motherboard is an Asus M4N68T-M). The driver was a 'VIA Audio Driver' which I assume are the drivers for the onboard sound. However when I restarted the PC after installation and clicked on the link to VDeck, it told me there was no longer a program where the desktop shortcut led. In addition it had installed a program called HD ADeck, which wasn't there before, however when it is opened I get a message that reads: HDeck does not support this OS version. Please update the audio driver.'

So, I'm really confused. Can anyone help me out with this? I really need sound back.

Thanks in advance.

You can Update you Sound Driver.... then it will work.

You can Download Updated Drivers from here -:

http://usa.asus.com/product.aspx?P_ID=wUHApFnERsTHwwHF

on this Click on Download >> Select OS >> and then Download Drivers.
January 12, 2011 7:50:24 PM

purushottamaher said:
You can Update you Sound Driver.... then it will work.

You can Download Updated Drivers from here -:

http://usa.asus.com/product.aspx?P_ID=wUHApFnERsTHwwHF

on this Click on Download >> Select OS >> and then Download Drivers.

Thanks, that worked. I feel stupid now...

Yeah, thanks heaps.
m
l
Related resources
January 12, 2011 7:50:44 PM

Best answer selected by xenonporcupine.
m
l
January 13, 2011 2:12:29 PM

xenonporcupine said:
Best answer selected by xenonporcupine.

n