aadoniyor

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2010
Hi, I want to know is Vista uses more memory or XP? And which of it is have less problem? I notice My Vista using more memory and my PC getting slower. I need install XP? is it better choese?

Vista is more honest about it's memory usage than XP. Also, Vista makes better use of the memory you have instead of letting it go to waste... there's no point in having 2GB+ of RAM when your usage never exceeds 1GB. Instead of letting that excess RAM go to waste, Vista uses it as cache.

I'll never recommend XP over Vista... for me it's either Vista or Windows 7.

I'm one of those who are currently debating between sticking with Win XP and upgrading to Win 7. I currently have a trial version of Win 7 on my HTPC for evaluation, it's great that I can extend the trial period up to 120 days.

All the games I'm playing are only DX9 titles. The only DX10 title I ever played was Crysis. Only game on my list to buy this year is Fallout: New Vegas. If it uses DX10, then okay I'll definitely upgrade. If not then... maybe...

+1 Vista Superfetch is a vast improvement over the system RAM utilization XP Prefetch provides.

saran008

Distinguished
Thanks Badge for your Comment & Link!
Enjoyed a lot! :D

I just shared my point of view & experience I had!
I used XP for about 7 Years & still using in my old desktop! It's fine n stable!
But for new systems I would recommend Win 7 rather than Vista!
I bought new laptop with Vista Home premium loaded, and it was used to give regular problems & crashes and i used to send at-least 3-4 error reports to MS!
(Even after regular Windows update) :fou:

After Win 7 release I got free upgrade for Win 7 & immediately I switched to Win 7!!

The only problem I faced is my dvd-rw went invisible for a day and came back after update! happened on first week after installing Win 7.
After that Zero problem till date! ;)

If you are Using Vista with No Problems means, you must be one of the Blessed! :)

Many Thanks for the link! Ultimately new to me :)

Thanks Badge for your Comment & Link!
Enjoyed a lot! :D

Your welcome. A product of the eternal optomist inside me.

I just shared my point of view & experience I had!

Vista is hardly an unstable operating system. I won't go into details, but nine years later after three services packs and countless patches, updates and fixes XP is not as stable as Vista. Vista BETA ran fine as do the many Vista desktop systems I use currently.

I used XP for about 7 Years & still using in my old desktop! It's fine n stable!

I have XP installed on many office machines used daily. If anything those machines seem old, slow and boring.

But for new systems I would recommend Win 7 rather than Vista!

Windows 7 BETA has run nicely for me since the day after it's release.

I bought new laptop with Vista Home premium loaded, and it was used to give regular problems & crashes and i used to send at-least 3-4 error reports to MS!
(Even after regular Windows update) :fou:

After an XP SP3 installation, one of my systems crashed to ground. Microsoft offered free online tech support due to so many problems with SP3. I contacted a M$ tech. He had no idea what the problem was. After learning Vista installed and ran perfect on the machine, he said, "great run Vista!" Case closed. I may still have a link. I love those kinds of things and post them as often as I see necessary to keep M$ honest.

After Win 7 release I got free upgrade for Win 7 & immediately I switched to Win 7!!

Yeah, I'm going to fork over the nearly $200 and increase my performance from Vista 64 to Win 7. What's that about a five percent increase in most major areas of a desktop? Sending email and watching streaming video.

The only problem I faced is my dvd-rw went invisible for a day and came back after update! happened on first week after installing Win 7.
After that Zero problem till date! ;)

I got lucky recently and had a whole bunch of stuff go invisible when a 1000w microwave was added to a line with a new 25A circuit breaker. Things went dark on that side of the house. Suddenly my wife's computer was reduced to a few case fans and lights powering on. That's it, no email or streaming video. It was under warranty, barely. I got my e8400 upgraded to a brand new retail EO stepping. That baby really buzzes along on Vista 64. I also got a new 2 x 1 GB PC2 8500 retail box. Replaced some PC2 6400 that took more voltage than that 1000w microwave I think. Then I got a replacement G35 MB I kept in spite of the onboard LAN being in need of a third RMA which I didn't want any part of.

If you are Using Vista with No Problems means, you must be one of the Blessed! :)

Yeah, I have my own constellation.

Many Thanks for the link! Ultimately new to me :)

LOL. Thanks for the new car!

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/windows-7-performance,2476.html