Intel Speed Step Question??

tdubbers

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2006
I recently purchased an ASUS Maximus Formula SE with a E6750, I noticed that the Multiplier drops from 8 to 6 when the system is idle. I suppose it's not a big deal, but I'd like to change this. I read that this Intel's speed step kicking in and lowering the clock speed and voltage to save power. I disabled it in the BIOS, it is still lowering the multiplier to 6, so I manually set it to 8.....no help... When I do set the multiplier manually, the speed step option in the BIOS disappears. I'm sure I'm likely missing something obvious. Has anyone else had this issue? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

tdubbers

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2006
I am really at a loss, checked the manual, according to the writers fantastic engrish, what I have done should have disabled it. Anyone else have any OC experience with this board?

tdubbers

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2006
This is whats confusing me, because it is disabled in the BIOS. I have also set the power scheme to "Always On", if that makes any difference.

cnumartyr

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2007
Err yea I meant and.. good call :kaola:

I have no clue what they are called in the Asus Mobo. (Reason I say that is the standard names are C1E and EIST.. I think mine are called some other crap in my DFI BIOS).

tdubbers

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2006
OK.....I am an idiot. I disabled "C1E" in the BIOS (like you guys said to do). now the clock remains constant. I didn't realize what that was, and didn't notice it before. I really appreciate the help guys, thanks.