Old drives - how can I get data off them

Hi there, I have an old non-functioning Toshiba R100 and I need to get some data off the drive - is there an external case I can buy that would fit it? Similarly I have a Seagate Barracuda IV which I'd love to access externally and use as a backup drive.

I've looked about, maybe I'm looking in the wrong spot but I can't find how I'd access them.

Thanks for any help.
5 answers Last reply
More about drives data them
  1. smash it with a hammer and threaten it.

ummm non-functioning how? as in you don't use it anymore or it doesn't work...if it doesn't work than...you can ask a computer shop i think they offer services for that. and for the seagate jsut buy a HDD enclosure on newegg.
  2. Take the drive out and hook it into a Desktop.
  3. Non functioning as in cactus - fried MB. I believe the R100 used an ata-5 drive, and unless I'm missing something there's no simple way to connect this into something else, hence my query here.

As for the Seagate, I'm guessing any IDE-compatible case would fit - is that right?
  4. for the seagate yes any ide enclosure would work. for the other hard drive since your mobo fried maybe your hdd is fine try hooking it up.
Ask a new question

Read More

Hard Drives Toshiba Storage